FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Good question, I've been hoping some one had some "how to" pics they would post on getting the pattern on the foam and cutting it.

TA

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The next question applies to mine, "Where can you get new foam to replace the not so neatly cut stuff?".

I used a very sharp knife and it cut it but it's hard to keep it perfectly straight and neat..................................DJ

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sako TRG 22/42 and Pelican goes really really great with it. I do not have a Pelican case, but got a drag bag (due to my budget). I saw a picture with pelican at sniperhide. I will link it.

I think sharp long razor is another good way to do it

·
Registered
395 Posts
Believe it or not, the BEST thing at cutting smooth lines on that stuff is an electric knife. Works GREAT.

If you dont have one, I like to use a knife that has a sharpe cutting edge like on some steak knives where the edge is not smooth, but very sharp. You can use a sawing motion and it works very well.

I flip the foam over and draw on the BACK side, then cut. That way the ugly marker line doesn't show when in the case.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Thanx NutFinn. All I can say is "wow".

The home made cutter is cool, but those toys make me green with envy.

TA

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh, that is not my setup :-D
I pasted someone's TRG-42 w/ pelican from sniperhide for the poster to see. However, i do have 22 model without pelican. :(

Here's mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts