FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the KSL4 News last night:

another shooting and another Five7 taken off the streets. Routine traffic stop - bad guy went for his gun and was shot and killed.

According to SLC PD, this is the third(OMG the sky is falling) Five7 recovered from a bad guy. The media states that this is becoming the "choice weapon" for felons due to its capacity to penetrate body armor.

Ok - that's media - they're screwing the gun community - we all know that. What stunned me is the fact the Chief of Police went on to say that indeed, the Five7 has rifle catriges that are "DESIGNED" to defeat body armor and that his officers are at risk.

He failed to say that my CZ52 $80 will do the same thing, and much better.

What he has also ommited to say is that the SS190 is not available to public and in essece that the Five7 is a 22 magnum at best. He has failed to inform the public that it is THE POLICE RELATIONS DEPT and THE MEDIA that sucker the felons into obtaining this weapon in their(the felons) belief that the weapon will indeed defeat body armor.

Why, If they said that about the CZ52 (in this case a true statement) they'd have a far worse problem on their hand cause for one - its true and second, the weapon is easily obtainable and CHEAP!

The Police situation is almost the same across this country and Canada. The majority of rank and file police officers are pro freedom, pro gun because they understand that if you outlaw firearms, only outlaws will have them. The problem is with the BRASS. They are mostly appointed or elected into their positions and tow the line of the district attorney who is almost always a liberal of some type or another.

TH

S

·
0 Posts
Typical. I saw it on channel 13 and I think it was Sandy PD, not SLC PD but that is irrelevant. HQ or media always have to have an evil gun to ban. They would go nuts if they did not.

Just like in the UK, they banned all the small arms, then they banned pointy knives.

There is always "something" to blame rather than "someone".

I am sure they will go after this weapon in the Salt Lake county where the DA is a Democrat. This was just a preabmble for the excuse to do it.

I am sure the sales of the 57 will go up 1000% this weekend. And you know some of those are going to be straw purchases. And who do we have to thank for that? Yeah.

So if some rubber stamper wants us to be safe, he should keep his cake hole shut and chase the gangs and illegal aliens instead of giving them ideas.

No tests were made on the sporting rounds in terms of level II or IIA penetration that I know of but I still don't wanne be the one it gets tested on. It might sting! :lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Guys please don’t take this wrong; I too am interested in the information on the CZ web site about the bullets performance against body armor. It is not my intention to sound like a censor or get up on a soap box but……. The Anti-gun crowd looks at these sites as well, do we really need to supply them with any ammo “Yes, the pun was intended” CZ , Five Seven or otherwise? One of the rumors, and it maybe just that, was that a couple of idiots got hold of a decommissioned P.D. bullet proof vest and shot it with SS192 out of a Five Seven pistol. Of course it penetrated the vest and on video no less, they then proceeded to posted the results on the web! This was later used by Hand Gun Kontrol Inc. to pressure FN to stop the sale of SS192 to the public. What a lot of people don’t realize is all bullet proof vests eventually lose their “bullet proof” qualities over time. The fibers that the vests are made of are broken down by sweat, UV rays, etc. So these so-call tests using some 5 year old + surplus P.D. vest can be inaccurate as well as damning to the sport shooting community in general. I’ll be the first to defend your right to say what you like, hell I’ll check out the web site ta’ boot! BUT, we in the gun community need to be aware others are watching, and “JUDGING” and they vote too. The last thing we need is Bubba and Bill out with Hanks video camera giggling like a couple of school girls be cause Bills new toy shot though a worn out Police Dept. cast off vest. Do we really want or need that kind of publicity? Just something to think about the next time you are posting or browsing the various gun forums out there……. Mod’s feel free to flame me now.”

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice Post Commando.

I wholeheartedly agree with your assesment pursuant to this subject matter.

Le us not provide any more reason nor ammunition(pun) to the left.

-TH

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have my original level II I was issued in 1991. My PS90 will be here on Monday and I definitely plan on shooting my old vest with it to see how it does. I understand the issues with aging Kevlar.

I will concede that the problem with the 5.7 round is the fact that FN made a pistol for it. Pretty much every rifle out there is "armor piercing", from a 7.62 x 39 to a .50 caliber. The problem with the media is the fact the Five Seven handgun chambers the rifle round. Handguns are more easily concealed and more likely to be afforded by an idiot. If the PS90 existed by itself, I doubt this problem would exist. But I have to ask... who is the marketing genius at FN that decided to call the P90 FMJ round "armor piercing"??? I thought armor piercing was something that would whiz through a tank or armored personel carrier, not body armor for goodness sake.

[political commentary removed by admin]

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SwatDude,

A I gree with your comments.

After you do the tests, please send me IM with your findings. I would like to take care on what we post on this site and make sure that we serve the gun community well.

Cheers,

-TH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts