FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alaska Governor and Life long NRA member will be the VP pick! :shock:

Nice move McCain!!!!! :?

Looks like we have a chance to win the White House!!!! :cool: :shock: 8)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I don't know what McCain was thinking. I think he made the wrong choice. Well at least he has those 3 Alaskan electoral votes sowed up.

McCain is going to lose big time. I'm heading to the gun shop to buy a gun while I can.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Darn it, I missed this thread. I'm glad she's pro-gun.
But why do you think he's lost the election now? Because she's a woman?
And no, I'm not gonna go all red-headed on ya either. Surely there's other reasons why he'd lose. Too many yellow dog Dems around here refuse to vote for Barak because he's black. And many won't vote for McCain because he's a Republican. This is going to be one weird election!

·
Registered
857 Posts
devildoc said:
I don't know what McCain was thinking. I think he made the wrong choice. Well at least he has those 3 Alaskan electoral votes sowed up.

McCain is going to lose big time. I'm heading to the gun shop to buy a gun while I can.
You are so far off on this one.
I just listened to her speech - she is freakin awesome.
She now has me energized for the election, and I could of cared less before.
I would love to see this woman run for president herself in 4 years!!!!!

I think she just sealed the win for McCain :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I hope they replay the speech, or someone sticks it up on utube.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
wlcohen said:
You are so far off on this one.
I just listened to her speech - she is freakin awesome.
She now has me energized for the election, and I could of cared less before.
I would love to see this woman run for president herself in 4 years!!!!!

I think she just sealed the win for McCain :shock:
agreed. :? mccain

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Meet Sarah Palin...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
McCain: Stop questions on Palin background

GOP campaign spokesman lashes out at media's ‘old boys' network’

Sep. 3 updated 18 minutes ago
ST. PAUL, Minn. - John McCain’s campaign on Wednesday angrily called for an end to questions about its review of Sarah Palin’s background, deriding a “faux media scandal designed to destroy the first female Republican nominee” for vice president.

“This nonsense is over,” declared senior campaign adviser Steve Schmidt in a written statement.

The statement stood out for its admission that Palin is under siege — it condemns “this vetting controversy” — and for its attempt to blunt questions about how rigorously McCain and his campaign explored the background of a candidate who may get the nation’s second most powerful job. It also suggested that Palin is a victim of gender bias in the media.

“The McCain campaign will have no further comment about our long and thorough process,” Schmidt said, lashing out at “the old boys’ network” that he says runs media organizations.

Top McCain advisers said they welcome and expect a review of Palin’s mayoral and gubernatorial record but that the media has crossed that line with its inquiries.

“Certainly, her record deserves scrutiny, but I think we ought to look at her record,” campaign manager Rick Davis told reporters on a conference call. He condemned “the salacious nature” of some news stories designed to “throw dirt at our candidate.” He also lamented a “frenzied” mentality on Palin and urged the media to “dial it back.”

Davis also called for the same level of scrutiny on Democrats Barack Obama and Joe Biden

McCain shook up the presidential race last Friday by picking Palin, a little-known governor serving her first term in Alaska. Since then, the self-styled “hockey mom” with a record of bucking the state’s political establishment has had a bright spotlight trained on her private and public life.

First, she announced that her unmarried 17-year-old daughter, Bristol Palin, was pregnant. Among the other revelations:

—A private attorney is authorized to spend $95,000 of state money to defend her against accusations of abuse of power.

—Palin sought pork-barrel projects for her city and state, contrary to her reformist image.

—Her husband once belonged to a fringe political group in Alaska, with some members supporting secession from the United States.

—She has acknowledged smoking marijuana in the past.

None of the revelations seen to have shaken McCain’s confidence or undermined her support among GOP delegates.

After four days of intense scrutiny, Palin gets a chance to respond with a televised speech at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday. In addition to accepting the nomination, the first woman to do so for the GOP, Palin will tell her story: small-town mayor with a taste for mooseburgers; the wife of a blue-collar North Slope oil worker; and the mother of five, including one born this spring with Down syndrome.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I want to vote for Sarah Palin for President! Mc cain can be VP

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
She is pretty good looking too!!! She's got my vote HELL YEA!! :? :?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am sure I am in the minority here but Boooooooooooo. McCain continues to abandon the Libertarians and Libertarian leaning Republicans. I just can't get on board with him - I was hoping his VP pick would sway me but nope. I will continue to support Bob B.

Sorry guys and girls, I think I am on the sidelines this election.

(Although I would vote for McCain if I thought there was the off chance the Cindy McCain and Sarah Palin would start making out at a campaign stop)

·
Vendor
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
(Although I would vote for McCain if I thought there was the off chance the Cindy McCain and Sarah Palin would start making out at a campaign stop)

LOL!!!! :lol: :-D :x

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
In a way, voting for McCain could very we be a vote for Palin. If McCain's health fails, she gets the ball.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts