FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today has been a good day. First, my wife is back from her trip to VA and I managed to not get eaten by the cats in her absence...that's always a concern of mine. I did have to dismantle my elaborate furniture fort that I had built in the living room, but I'm glad she's home. Second, I picked up my new 9mm S&W Shield. I've wanted one for some time, but every time I was ready to buy, I couldn't find one. Then I'd get wooed by something else and then it would slip down the list again. But today it is my hand. My first impression is very positive. It feels good in my hand. I'm actually surprised by the trigger. It's not great, mind you, but it is much better than I anticipated. I have a full sized M&P 45 and the less said about that trigger, the better. I'll go the APEX route eventually, but for now, I think it will work out just fine.

You've all seen one before, but here's the pics anyways:

And with its bigger relative:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have never seen yours before.

Anyway you could take a pic of it with your hand around the grip, and give me a relative hand size.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never seen yours before.

Anyway you could take a pic of it with your hand around the grip, and give me a relative hand size.
Here you go GB. Probably not the best pics, but I hope it helps. Keep in mind that my hand size is extra-chunky, so your results would most likely be different.

7 round mag:

8 round mag:

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO WHAT'S NEXT ON THE LIST:biggrin:
Well, I'm not sure. But I've found that whatever I say I'm getting next will probably not actually be what I'm getting next.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just exactly what are you trying to say? :lol: I can relate! :?
Mostly I'm saying that I have poor impulse control coupled with an incredible lack of focus.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Looks good, range repot? What are you going to use it for. Cc?sorry to hear about fort. Very happy cat master returned and you find yourself safe and happy again.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good, range repot? What are you going to use it for. Cc?sorry to hear about fort. Very happy cat master returned and you find yourself safe and happy again.
I plan on it being my carry gun once I give it a successful and thorough test drive. When that will be, I can't stay...still locked in medical/doctor limbo currently.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Good looking Shield you got there! Im actually in the market to pick one up, but I keep running into the .40 version.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I plan on it being my carry gun once I give it a successful and thorough test drive. When that will be, I can't stay...still locked in medical/doctor limbo currently.
Nice, You should really like it. I've had a far bit of time with several of them (9mm) and they all have shot great, haven't found too much they don't eat. The only thing for me is they are too small grip wise for me but the smallest frame I find comfortable to shoot more then just one mag through is the compact lines like the Glock G19 or Sig P228/229.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Did you pick the runt of the litter? And glad to hear you survived the onslaught.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Looks awesome Scott! Also, Im glad to hear that you didnt get eaten. :mrgreen:

Now that I think about it, maybe you should eat one of them infront of the others; just to let them know whos boss. :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Looks awesome Scott! Also, Im glad to hear that you didnt get eaten. :mrgreen:

Now that I think about it, maybe you should eat one of them infront of the others; just to let them know whos boss. :lol:
I think Kev is on to something?....:icon_think: Cat! The other white meat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts