FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed but hey... This is MAC.

Shouldering a Handgun with a Sig SB15 Brace:

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I was waiting for clarification ( from Uncle Sugar ... LOL ) on the " grey " area also. I did notice the gap in between the brace end and the receiver. That is how I have mine set up.
At 1st mine was butted right up against it but that 2" makes a world of difference when shouldering. I did top it off w/ a T1 from Sarge and run a Surefire 60 out the bottom.

I wasn't cool enough to get the original " sig " when it 1st came out, I was in the LGS and had seen 1 Brace on the shelf... caught me eye since I always look for " gagetry "... when I was told the scoop ... I jumped all over it even though I didn't have an ar pistol... that started the quest to acquire one. That darn thing is catchy... here in MI prior 2-3 weeks ago when the SBR law was instituted... my budd seen my set-up and he just had to build one also.... He kept prodding my about " well alright with everything being even... I can " roll with my pistol in my car " ??? " Right " ???? I just couldn't answer from a legal stand-point ... not sure how LE would interpret him & his carry weapon ( LOL ).... I mean just who the officers would determine was the bad guy in such an unconvenient event as him defending himself , lets say in Detriot ???
The headlines would read " SWMI man saws head off Metro area carjacker " .... or something to that effect.
My budd works out of town alot.

By the way... I'm with MAC... I don't want to " Pontificate " but would favor the " Draconian NFA laws " being repealed !

mjk1 OUT ( Have a nice day )

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
KAK AR-15 SIG SB-15 Pistol

KAK AR-15 SIG SB-15 Pistol Buffer Tube KIT w/ QD

This is the best option I've seen so far. There is a 2" spacer and the tube is built for the SB15. Looks like just the ticket.
I have a big 3" diameter piece of Black delrin, I was going to machine 1 up. I wanted to oblong the spacer to blend in with the receiver and taper back to the buffer diameter, that way it would be seemless and cosmetically correct. It did turn out to being an optical scan since I need data points generated to enable a cnc to cut that. I could free hand it in the toolroom but bringing in gun parts to my place of employment is difficult. I work with a few arse's.. I left 1 bullet on the surface plate ( pulled out of my pocket and forgot about it ) the CS-er I work with walked it up to the boss man and tried to get me in trouble ! .... OH what a joy ! I can't really share my thoughts on him. All to what ???? play dumb and make me look bad ?
Then to boot.... he walks around all day every day with his chest sticking out ( big body builder tuff guy ) and an imperialistic attitude !

I beg everyone's pardon but .... it's not the proclaimed tough guy you have to worry about.... it's the humble skinny scrapper that doesn't look like much that will " sting you ".

So Sorry just venting !

GOOD POST by the way !

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Okay, now I'm definitely getting one of these. I just need to figure out what to use to get the plug out of my 556P. I'm thinking a couple of punches and a wrench.

·
Registered
641 Posts
IMG_20140404_161536_446.jpg
I absolutely love mine. No complaints about ergo either, I just keep it at my preferred LOP.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link, Kam. I just ordered one up, but w/o the spring/buffer (don't need them on the Sig556). The brace will have to wait for my b-day in a few weeks.
I'm glad I could help you spend some money :-D I am floundering between building a 10.75" 300blk and a 10.75" 5.56... I'm stuck. Lifes too complicated sometimes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Go 300 blk! I was fortunate enough to get a 10.5 upper that's chf from PSA's Easter sale. It was $450 shipped with everything including bcg! Talk about a steal. Only other CHF options are DD and Noveske.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should I go with 9" or 12.75" 300blk? They don't make a 10.75" :p

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This forum

You: "hey look at this thing"
Me: "Holy crap that's awesome!"
You: "yeah I got it for a steal and snuck it passed the gaurd (wife)"
Me: "God [email protected] it!, where is my wallet and how am I going to get this one passed the colonel?"
My bank account:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had a PSA 10.5" 300blk, not bad for the price! but I wanted shorter, so I got AAC's 9".
I think Noveske makes an 8.2" also.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts