FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few posts on various forums of people who have short barrelled their PS90, and now suffer from occassional feeding/jamming problems.

Sound off, please, U guys that have short barrelled yours. Tell us how its doing. I think new members here who wanna do it could benefit from this info.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The only real reason I could see, concerning theye Problems, is, that FN installed a stronger Blowback Spring in the PS90, than is installed in the original P90 Series.

When you think about it, it's really easy to understand.

The longer the barrel is, the longer the pressure is applying to the Bolt System, therefor increasing the power directed that way. Only thing to balance this issue, is to install a stronger spring, that acts against that higher power.

Would be something that should be asked to CMMG, as they sell the barrels, and as I have seen, also have a full P90 Parts kit there. If they could measure the Spring tension, it could explain all these issues.

regards

Reaper

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point there. Very perceptive.

It was just something I had been wondering about. I sometimes waiver on my decision to not shorten my barrel, and this has been something I've noticed on a few people's posts on various forums.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
U'd have to call FN directly and see if they will sell U the springs. Otherwise, there is no place to get them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I SRBerd mine a while back and I have 4 50 round mags, P90 flash hider on a CMMG barrel. No problems after 700 rounds so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts