FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there where any reliability/feeding issues with a PS-90 SBR using the available civilian ammo. Do either SS197 or 195 have any know issues being feed / ejecting from a SBR? Thanks for the information in advanced.
`bthompson

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad to hear that I've heard of AR-15s having tons or reliability issues once they where SBRed. Guess the PS90 was made to function with a 10.5 inch barrel unlike the AR-15 :grin:

·
Registered
408 Posts
The AR system is gas operated, the PS90 is blowback.

The reason shortening an AR causes some issues, is because the timing on the gas operation is different than with longer barrels. Since there is no gas tube or timing issues concerning the blowback and ejection process on the PS90, there shouldn't be any difference. At least I hope not, because I've got about 2-3 more weeks until I get my paperwork back to SBR my PS90.

Zhur

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Zhurdan said:
The AR system is gas operated, the PS90 is blowback.

The reason shortening an AR causes some issues, is because the timing on the gas operation is different than with longer barrels. Since there is no gas tube or timing issues concerning the blowback and ejection process on the PS90, there shouldn't be any difference. At least I hope not, because I've got about 2-3 more weeks until I get my paperwork back to SBR my PS90.

Zhur
Zhur,

I have found a SERIOUS problem with the SBR of the PS-90 when I completed mine. I wished I knew you were going SBR and I would have warned you beforehand. The problem seems to transcend ALL types of ammo, even reloads and dummy training rounds. You become a serious distraction for other shooters at the range. The jealousy and covetousness are almost unbearable.

Ick

------

·
Registered
408 Posts
haha... nice. Once I slap the Gemtech on it, they'll think I'm crazy and call the police, so I'll have the range all to myself! MUAHAHAHAAAA.

Zhur

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Zhurdan said:
haha... nice. Once I slap the Gemtech on it, they'll think I'm crazy and call the police, so I'll have the range all to myself! MUAHAHAHAAAA.

Zhur
lol, no no no. Here is what you do.

Buy the TPL pouch from THEVESTGUY.com

Put the suppressor in the third magazine pouch.

Have the PS-90 hanging from your tactical vest:

Dump a 50 round mag.

Load the next mag from the TPL pouch.

Whip out the suppressor and quarter turn it on.

Dump the next mag.

Blow across the top of the suppressor like a cowboy does with his six shooter.

Walk away.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Zhur,

I have found a SERIOUS problem with the SBR of the PS-90 when I completed mine. I wished I knew you were going SBR and I would have warned you beforehand. The problem seems to transcend ALL types of ammo, even reloads and dummy training rounds. You become a serious distraction for other shooters at the range. The jealousy and covetousness are almost unbearable.

Ick
:-D :-D :-D i've only shot ss195 out of my SBR'd PS90. however it was during a slow period at the range so i experienced no such problems. :? :?

·
Registered
408 Posts
You aren't kidding! Check this vid of the G5 in action on the AR I recently built. At the end it's smokin' hot!

Manual says it gets to about 900 F. They should make a little engraving on the side of it that says... "You can twist it on, but you can't twist it off without smelling bacon!"

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
apparently i came in too late :cry:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was wondering if there where any reliability/feeding issues with a PS-90 SBR using the available civilian ammo. Do either SS197 or 195 have any know issues being feed / ejecting from a SBR?
Keep in mind that the 5.7x28 round was meant for a P90 10.3" barrel, not the 16" civilian legal length. The rifle and the pistol were both designed around the cartridge, not the other way around. So actually, although you may have a little more range and FPS out of the longer civilian legal barrel, you will get more of the intended performance of the 5.7x28 round (theoretically) out of a SBR.

The fact that SS195 and SS197 are civilian legal rounds wouldn't matter, as the ballistics are very similar to the restricted AP rounds.

I absolutely love my SBR'd PS90 and wouldn't have it any other way. It's actually my nightstand gun (anyone want pics?). I have my own design SRP90 Covert Adapter that allows me have a 1/2x28 threaded adapter and to keep the look of a P90 when I'm not using my can (YHM Stainless Mite). I also have a 20mW Green Laser mounted on my strong side which is actually so bright, I can use it as a flashlight at night.

So anyone toying with the idea of SBRing their PS90 ... Go for it! You'll be glad you did. That means YOU Ship! lol

I should have the S&R Guns, Inc. Website up soon and Sponsorship on this forum even sooner, so then I can post pics of the SRP90.

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Mr Faded Glory said:
I was wondering if there where any
So anyone toying with the idea of SBRing their PS90 ... Go for it! You'll be glad you did. That means YOU Ship! lol
.....pressure gently applied to wounded area.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts