FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share a quick pic of my PS90 SBR. The barrel was shortened by TROUSA. The work is fantastic. It has a TROUSA thread adapter for 1/2x28 muzzle threads. It will host to a YHM suppressor as soon as it comes in!

The YHM quick disconnect flash hider.... a little aggressive....

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Congrats! That is one nice ps90! Well done!

Just thought I'd share a quick pic of my PS90 SBR. The barrel was shortened by TROUSA. The work is fantastic. It has a TROUSA thread adapter for 1/2x28 muzzle threads. It will host to a YHM suppressor as soon as it comes in!

The YHM quick disconnect flash hider.... a little aggressive....

·
FN Supporter
433 Posts
Nice. Can't wait to get mine back from him in a few months. Did it come with a A2 flash hider?
The complete conversion comes with an A1 now as they don't require indexing and most people replace them with their favorite style. If it's just cutting and threading the barrel the adapter doesn't come with the FH.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark did a fantastic job on the PS90 barrel. He also threaded a GSG barrel for me. Top notch work! I would recommend him to anyone looking to SBR the PS90.

I originally bough just the adapter from him and thought I could get the threading done locally, but no one around here was willing to do a LH metric thread, nor did they understand how the barrel is installed in the PS90; so off went the barrel to Mark.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
I have my stamp on order too--- who is this "mark"? As I also have this issue. But I have a cmmg barrel, adapter and fn p90 flash hidden. -- remains necessary though that I need good hands that are highly recommended. Please pm me if won't willing to post. Thanks brothers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you send just the barrel to TROSUSA to cut and thread? If yes, how difficult was it to remove the barrel from the receiver? Did you cut the shroud and barrel behind the flash hider or ?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have my stamp on order too--- who is this "mark"? As I also have this issue. But I have a cmmg barrel, adapter and fn p90 flash hidden. -- remains necessary though that I need good hands that are highly recommended. Please pm me if won't willing to post. Thanks brothers.
Is the CMMG barrel already the shortened length and you just need it installed?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you send just the barrel to TROSUSA to cut and thread? If yes, how difficult was it to remove the barrel from the receiver? Did you cut the shroud and barrel behind the flash hider or ?
Yes, I used a horizontal bandsaw to cut the shroud and barrel. Once cut, it slides out of the receiver and off it went to mark for threading and proper lengthening.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Is the CMMG barrel already the shortened length and you just need it installed?
Yes, they only made the 10.3 inch SBR barrel.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can a lighter gr bullet such as the SS198LF be used in a SBR with suppressor that has the 1:9 twist rate without any problems?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts