FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched a bit and couldn't find a good answer... How can I find a local dealer that will even consider selling me a PS90 SBR? Would like to get that and a can... Shot one a few weeks ago and can't stop grinning to this day.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Only one I have seen that sell already made SBR PS90s is CMMG - I have never seen anyone else sell it already made that way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Instead of buying an already SBR'd PS90 you can do it yourself. Just buy a regular PS90 and submit a form 1 to BATFE. After it's approved, you can hack the barrel or install a CMMG 10". I had HDPS install a CMMG barrel. No class 3 dealer needed.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
By the time U do it, if you don't have all the necessary equipment, AND ya gotta get it engraved - it's easier to just buy it already done. At least, that's what I think.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Form 1 and Form 4 BATFE approval time is about the same. I sent mine to HDPS for the SBR conversion and engraving - it was back in my hands in 5 days. Given that NFA purchases in Maryland take months, 5 extra days was a small penalty. Plus I get to be the "maker"!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Depends how much you can get it for elsewhere. I have seen PS90s below 1400 so that would probably be worth doing yourself. However there are other sellers other than CMMG selling them for less than 2k. Those sellers are cutting the existing barrels though. I would rather have a new barrel from CMMG.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts