FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Breaking: WA House & Senate Pass SBR Bill SB 5956 -- TTAG

It will cover only rifles! Shotguns are the next target. Full auto after that. Baby steps...But progress still.
Some type of deal was struck a while back: http://fnforum.net/forums/west/21759-washington-bb-2.html#post556344

If you click through on the House bill and Senate bill, you can find the sponsors. I'm sure that they would appreciate an emailed "Thanks" for the work they did in getting the SBR bill passed and with only 3 dissenting votes.

Getting it read on the floor of the House turned out to be the problem. I suppose that some favors are owed now.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Congrats! Here in MI, we are just waiting on the full house vote to legalize SBR's and SBS's (expected to easily pass), then on to the governor to sign (he probably will sign it, but I'm not 100% confident he will as he's rejected some pro-2A bills in the past). We've always had legal full-auto's, but just got suppressors a few years back (good attorney general to thank for that).

Reactions: arcticzale

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I see a 1.5 year wait now for stamps with the flood coming!
No joke. After we got suppressors here, the wait times for stamps went from 6 months to 9, now 11 months from what I hear (and I don't think it's just because of us, just a general rush to get NFA items across the board)

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Good for you guys!!!

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Ours just passed the house! Overwhelmingly I might add. Now off to the senate. They also passed a firearms confidentiality bill, meaning the FOIA cannot be used to obtain information on those who have bought guns or have CCW's. A lot of pro-gun bills getting passed here! And it's about time I might add.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Just when I go full on and invest in the SB15's ... :cool:

Many more Tax Stamps to wait for!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Well POT first now SBR's - sounds like we have some relaxed legislators now in Washington State...What could be next? Let it flow...

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Well POT first now SBR's - sounds like we have some relaxed legislators now in Washington State...What could be next? Let it flow...
I could care less about the weed being legal but if SBR's, SBS' and Select-Fire go through, I might as well start a line of credit with the Black Hats for Tax Stamp funding!:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts