FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at buying am Sc-1. Not much recent info out there. But it sounded like there was a forearm issue around 5-7 years ago. Does anyone know of that was fixed?

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
Still on FN America's website and in current catalog. Not a bad looking O/U shotstick either, not cheap though. Found about a dozen reviews the latest in 2017.

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
63 Posts
Still on FN America's website and in current catalog. Not a bad looking O/U shotstick either, not cheap though. Found about a dozen reviews the latest in 2017.

I have not seen one for sale on the internet in any medium in over a two year period and I've casually looked every week. I can't find any FN shotgun for that matter.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
I have not seen one for sale on the internet in any medium in over a two year period and I've casually looked every week. I can't find any FN shotgun for that matter.
Thankfully I gave up on shotsticks long ago so there whereabouts aren't a concern of mine. YMMV

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I see a few new ones on gunbroker but definitely not an easy gun to find. Is does look like Davidson's has a few to ship, so perhaps it's just low volume. In either case, it's still unclear if the forearms are still prone to cracking on the new guns.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts

Also been looking for one for a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking at buying am Sc-1. Not much recent info out there. But it sounded like there was a forearm issue around 5-7 years ago. Does anyone know of that was fixed?
I have one. Spoke with an fn rep. I fiberglassed the backside and he says it won’t crack. Even if it does it sounds like fn will refund the whole value of what you paid (with receipt). I love mine.

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Reactions: FN47 and Big Muddy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw one yesterday at my local gun shop. I really would like to have one, but the history of the forend cracking, and the difficulty in finding a replacement really worries me. Does anyone know if it has definitely been fixed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts