FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Still on FN America's website and in current catalog. Not a bad looking O/U shotstick either, not cheap though. Found about a dozen reviews the latest in 2017.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Still on FN America's website and in current catalog. Not a bad looking O/U shotstick either, not cheap though. Found about a dozen reviews the latest in 2017.

I have not seen one for sale on the internet in any medium in over a two year period and I've casually looked every week. I can't find any FN shotgun for that matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I see a few new ones on gunbroker but definitely not an easy gun to find. Is does look like Davidson's has a few to ship, so perhaps it's just low volume. In either case, it's still unclear if the forearms are still prone to cracking on the new guns.

·
Registered
8,693 Posts

Also been looking for one for a while.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was looking at buying am Sc-1. Not much recent info out there. But it sounded like there was a forearm issue around 5-7 years ago. Does anyone know of that was fixed?
I have one. Spoke with an fn rep. I fiberglassed the backside and he says it won’t crack. Even if it does it sounds like fn will refund the whole value of what you paid (with receipt). I love mine.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Reactions: FN47 and Big Muddy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw one yesterday at my local gun shop. I really would like to have one, but the history of the forend cracking, and the difficulty in finding a replacement really worries me. Does anyone know if it has definitely been fixed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one. Spoke with an fn rep. I fiberglassed the backside and he says it won’t crack. Even if it does it sounds like fn will refund the whole value of what you paid (with receipt). I love mine.
How exactly did you get it done and thoughts after? I just picked up a used one at my local Cabela's ... It's the Green lower end model (not as many adjustments i guess)..

Also was it expensive to fiberglass it? Just the forearm?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So the new to me used Green Stocked SC1 turns out had a cracked forearm just before the lever.

Called FN customer service and they said to email photos. And that if they repair it probably won't be an extract match to the original color

I did that and next day they sent me a FedEx shipping label. I shipped it 2 weeks ago. They got it in 5 days and now about 3 business days later looks like they are shipping it back. Hopefully fixed with an updated forearm more resistant to cracking.

Surprised at the fast turn around :) report back when I get it back. Hardest thing so far was finding a good shipping box to send it to them originally. I use the original plastic box it came in wrapped in bubble wrap inside since it's not padded from the factory. And then put that in a bigger cardboard box.
Wood Eyewear Headgear Triangle Font
Wood Triangle Cone Art Metal

·
Registered
6 Posts
SC1 arrived back from FN. Super fast turn around. They replaced the forearm. I'm hoping this one is improved so it won't crack. Didn't see any differences. Color match pretty close considering the forearm is not near the buttstock when assembled. Pretty much a 2 day turn around from when they received the gun 😀 (y)
Hood Wood Automotive lighting Grille Musical instrument accessory
Hand Hood Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire
Wood Finger Musical instrument Engineering String instrument accessory

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

Are you planning to shoot as-is, or try to get ahead of it cracking again? Did FN indicate this is a new design or made any other adjustments to avoid this happening?

Reactions: Clueless

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Does the forearm come off easily? I have a Blue/Silver version on its way to my FFL now, and thinking of ways to fix the issue before it becomes an issue. Was thinking of taking the forearm off and putting some thin set epoxy that will soak into the grain of the wood to strengthen it, but not add anything dimensionally that would keep from the forearm from going back on. Have heard of some folks using some fiberglass internally, but I would think there is not enough room to do that without removing some of the wood first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts