FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm somewhat surprised that there is so little posted, really anywhere about this shotgun. It's been out for almost 3 years and the little information I can find is mostly very positive. Oh well I have one on order and will be giving my impressions over time once I start running it. I guess the Tactical world is taking over and I understand somewhat being a SCAR owner but winged shooting is still a blast.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I liked the blue but decided on the black. I am a little concerned with the advertised 8+lb weight but if the balance is right it shouldn't be an issue. I should get that phone call any day to come pick it up, I hope. I usually can put the wait out of my mind but every time I step onto the trap field it just gets me impatient again. 3 more days till the next time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up the SC tonight. First impressions were that it is a very solid and well built gun. It its also a work of art. It has clean lines, a beautiful finish and the black laminate is elegant. I'll be out with it in the morning see how it shoots but I know t already mounts well without any adjustments. Now off to the pattern board and a few round of trap to settle in. It should be f morning

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've put the 1st 100 rounds through it and it shoot very nice. Easy to mount and point. Hits straight and hard. Recoil is about right for a 12ga but next to no muzzle rise. The sights and ramp are easy to settle in to and easy to reference when watching the birds. The chokes pattern evenly about 70/30 high. I'm looking forward to the next 1000 rounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll answer anyway...
I've had my SC1 for almost a year now and have about 5000 rounds through it. It has been a very good gun, it shoulders and balances very well.
I was looking at the 725 when I found the SC1, and to tell the truth, they feel very similar. The two things that sold me on the SC1, it is a little heavier due to the laminated stock, and I liked the looks of the laminated stock.
Unfortunatly, the SC1 will be going in for service, the forend cracked. On the other hand, I've heard of a couple Browning stocks that broke at the wrist...Nothings perfect I guess...

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

FNH will take care of it. :?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't buy it

can anyone tell me anything about the fn sc-1 I am up in the air between the sc-1 and the browning 725 sporting
Looks like a good portion of the SC-1 o/U are splitting the forearms and they are backing up in service dept at FNH they will make you depressed while waiting for repairs and they have there fingers crossed hoping no one gets hurt shooting them in my opinion

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok got a very interesting update yesterday. FNH customer service representative told me that they have already been working on the problem, have produced a product that they believe will be a viable solution and it has undergone product testing already and passed. Now they are in the process of producing the part and will start shipping in about 3 weeks. I love my SC1 and can't wait to get it back. I use it for trap and skeet and very pleased with the look and feel of the gun.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Anyone that is so dis-satisfied with the SC1 and wants to sell it, let me know. I'm looking for one and have no issues with purchasing one at fair price that's back from FN service. FN will not refund your money. FN sold it to a distributor, the distributor sold it to your LGS. Why would they. ceh383 and NeverEnoughHP perhaps we can reach common ground on a deal. I will give it a good home, shoot the hell out of it, and enjoy the weapon in the process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Curious if there is any update on the forearm issues. We have the black/Grey one its a great gun but the forearm cracked then split in two. I called FN and they said they were engineering a solution but had no idea when that would be ready. I am a little upset that they did not take my info to keep me on a list. Not being able to use it is very frustrating.

Does anyone know if one of the winchester 101 forearms would work?

I talked to them about a week ago and they told me they are still engineering it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts