FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totally new to this forum so please forgive any errors in decorum.

I have Timney triggers in both my Scar 16 & 17. I recently had my Surefire cans released from NFA prison. The 17 has a muzzle brake and the 16 has a flash hider. Based on some other posts I rotated the gas regulator to the 10 o'clock position (if you face the barrel). The issue I had is both guns occasionally bump fired two rounds. The 17 was from off hand and the 16 was from prone on a rest. When I returned the gas regulator on the 16 back to vertical I did not experience the issue after another 40 rounds. I never experienced any of these issues with the rifles unsuppressed.

The question is why is this happening? Is it the Perfect Storm of aftermarket triggers + suppressor? Is my fat finger to blame? My larger concern is safety I don't want anyone getting hurt. I ran out of time and ammo to test the 12 o'clock position more. Any advice the wise sages of this forum can offer would be great.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow-up it appears that returning the regulator to vertical solved the problem for me.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Mix of fat finger , little to no trigger pull, and short reset........=bump fire
Pretty much this. First time shooters do that all the time on my Geissele 3SD trigger equipped AR. Dunno if suppressors would have anything to do with it other than changing the recoil characteristics (but they should technically soften recoil tho).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another follow up. Returning the 17 to the vertical position solved the issue both suppressed and non-suppressed. The 16 however did it with the suppressor and without. Any suggestions for a new trigger on the 16?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts