FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this probably might be a dumb question. But if you take your Scar place it into a carrying bag, zip it up and leave it for a couple months will you have a rust issue?

I have a double barrel nickel plated shot gun that for whatever reason has some light rust in areas and now trying to figure out how to get it back to looking new.

I wanted to make sure I didn't have the same issue with the Scar. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
For the shotgun, you can try a little Flitz on a microfiber cloth. Go easy as not to scratch the surface.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I know this probably might be a dumb question. But if you take your Scar place it into a carrying bag, zip it up and leave it for a couple months will you have a rust issue?
Highly unlikely but it depends... Do you live in the bayou? ;)

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Throw some of these in with the gun.

·
Premium Member
13,364 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
One It's a 2300 $$$$ Rifle Get a Safe 2 my pickup up truck in the front grill gets those rust marks wipes right off with rubbing compound don't know if it should be used on a gun though

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
One It's a 2300 $$$$ Rifle Get a Safe 2 my pickup up truck in the front grill gets those rust marks wipes right off with rubbing compound don't know if it should be used on a gun though
So are you saying that I shouldn't keep my Scars under the couch cushions at home? :-o damn!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. It's a double barrel stage coach shot gun that kicks like a mule. But it is nickel plated and man does it scratch so easy. I'll work on her. Wife picked her up for me during Christmas a couple years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts