FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

im not so disappointed with the cantilever mount now as the RMR sits right under it and that is A good distance from my eye... Funny how life works. Or am I just making it work? :-D

I sighted in the new RMR for 25 yards and shot a few rounds with the scope just to confirm that I kept zero after bumping around on that swap monster. The real shooting will be reserved for when the Range complete and we are working on that this weekend. More to come.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Now that's a Florida approved ATV for sure, right there! You just a plain Ole Swamp Monger, yes indeedy you is! Question for you Kam, did you mark torque settings on the upper receiver screws because you removed them or just for "insurance" purposes? :eek:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Very cool man. Total freedom right there.

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
660 Posts
And Argo and a 16 for an afternoon of fun. Damn I jealous!! That thing is flipp'n Awesome! (that statement fits both "toys")

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I may, can you you tell me what marker you used for the screws? I've been trying to find a high temp paint marker. Thank you.
I bought the rifle used and it came with the paint. I can't imagine the paint would need to be that resilient as the receiver doesn't get nearly as hot as the barrel. The member I bought it from (infidelSF) would probably be able to answer you questions about the paint.

Kam,

Why do you mount the RMR on the right side like that? Is it because you're a leftie shooter?
I am right handed. It's mounted that way to allow me to rotate the rifle 45 degrees and use my right eye for close range shots. It's fast and effective (I have had my 17 set up identically since I bought it).

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

I sighted in the new RMR for 25 yards and shot a few rounds with the scope just to confirm that I kept zero after bumping around on that swap monster. The real shooting will be reserved for when the Range complete and we are working on that this weekend. More to come.
KAM, clearing palmetto is thirsty work!:-D You better fire up the bush hog. How many yards are you planning to clear, and are you going to go the steel gong route?

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KAM, clearing palmetto is thirsty work!:-D You better fire up the bush hog. How many yards are you planning to clear, and are you going to go the steel gong route?
Yeah we are having a bulldozer dropped off on Saturday. We think we can get 350 yards before we run into a creek bed that will arrest our progress. I am ordering some 12" AR500 1/2" thick plates. It's going to be awesome!!!!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I am right handed. It's mounted that way to allow me to rotate the rifle 45 degrees and use my right eye for close range shots. It's fast and effective (I have had my 17 set up identically since I bought it).
The reason I asked because I figured the pistol grip would be awkward to hold onto if you were to have to twist the rifle counterclockwise to get the sight to your right eye.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The reason I asked because I figured the pistol grip would be awkward to hold onto if you were to have to twist the rifle counterclockwise to get the sight to your right eye.
No it's not bad at all. You'd have to try it out to understand how easy it is.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
No it's not bad at all. You'd have to try it out to understand how easy it is.
Kam, I may have missed it, what mount is that for the RMR? I'm thinking of taking the RMR off the top of my ACOG and setting up like that.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 23 Posts