FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like when I got my gun it came with a American Tactical AD Ops AR15 magazine. Looks very heavy duty and is heavy! but from the reviews they are junk. I have 7 Colt M16 magazines, 3 Gen 2 P mags and have 2 Emags on the way. Should I spend the $29 on a FDE painted FN mag? I kind of want one to keep it orig BUT $29 for a mag is pretty up there in price. But if they are pretty good I just might buy one to keep with the gun.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The real FN Scar mags (PN98880) are great, and are a different design from the mil-spec US mags. They are made of steel, not aluminum. However, it won't perform any better then the mil-spec mags with anti-tilt followers that are commonly available on the market.

The magazines that come factory with the SCAR's that are shipping now are D&H aluminum mags with magpul followers and FN stamped floorplates. They can be had here, minus the FN stamping on the floorplate:

Black Teflon 5.56mm 30rd Magazine w/ MAGPUL Anti-tilt Follower

Dark Earth Teflon 5.56mm 30rd Magazine w/MAGPUL Anti-tilt Follower

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I just bought the fde gen2 pmags. Just make sure you do the mod in the sticky at the top of the page. I might buy some steel mags later

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
The real FN Scar mags (PN98880) are great, and are a different design from the mil-spec US mags. They are made of steel, not aluminum. However, it won't perform any better then the mil-spec mags with anti-tilt followers that are commonly available on the market.

The magazines that come factory with the SCAR's that are shipping now are D&H aluminum mags with magpul followers and FN stamped floorplates. They can be had here, minus the FN stamping on the floorplate:

thats a great price wish they had them in this color

GewVWjx.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Awesome thanks! those are pretty good priced too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts