FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that the lower receiver module on the newer SCAR 16 rifles is different. the outside front wall of the magwell seems to have a reinforced "hump" at the bottom. The old SCAR 16 lower looked exactly like that on the SCAR 17 and did not have this extra material.

Does anyone know when this change was implemented and why they did it? I just realized that my rifle is extremely early which explains why it does not have the hump.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I found this in an old thread yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't find it again! :rolleyes:

My search skills are a fail when it comes to site. It appears this mag well change has been around a while.

OP is this what your referring to?

Rectangle Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Material property

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this in an old thread yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't find it again! :rolleyes:

My search skills are a fail when it comes to site. It appears this mag well change has been around a while.

OP is this what your referring to?

View attachment 151544
Yes this is exactly what I am referring to. My early gun does not have the hump but it seems that they did add the hump way before they switched production over to stateside.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Got it!! That was bugging the heck out of me! Scroll down to the 5th post.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I have a spare 16s trigger module. Now I'm going to have to get motivated to dig it out and see what it looks like.

If it's the newer hump back whale version I just might switch the guts over. I've noticed Lancer mags don't drop free and insert so easily.

My serial number is way before the the range listed in the other thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts