FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sure that this topic has been covered before but as I search for it, I can't seem to get passed all the diverted answers. I am ordering a Scar 16 and would like some real world opinions on the factory magazines vs the Pmag Gen 3. Weight, reliability and usability. I will be doing tactical training at a local club with many mag changes and drops. No paper punching here. Run and gun steel target tactical training from SF guys.

I should also add that I am in South Florida. Should I have any concerns with warping mags in the sun?

Thank you for your time and thoughts.
Dan

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
STANAG Magazines are always going to be the best all around because of compatibility. Though my Pmags are superior and work better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have some Gen3 Pmag and some have needed to have them modified for the bolt hold open issue depending upon how they are inserted. Same problem with some metal mags, but the
Colt ones have all been good to go.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Lancer AWMs are IMO the best 5.56 mags and zero compatibility issues to worry about. Where in south Florida are you and where will you be training?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never heard of the Lancer AWM'S. I will be taking a look at those. I live in Naples. I will be training at Altair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts