FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
I just bought a few MS3 slings for my rifles, and I am wondering the best way to use one with a SCAR. I understand that the sling points on a SCAR are no good, so do I put 550 cord through the MS3 and the sling points?? or do I need new QD points??

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I use MS3 slings on both of my SCARs. I went with the version that has one clasp and one QD. I have Magpul RSA (Rail Sling Adapters) on the top rail behind the front sight and a GG&G QD socket at the rear of the gun. It's been a great solution for me so far, but I might try the above linked QD solution on the new FDE SCAR 16S I just ordered. ;)

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
+1, PMM mounts are the way to go if you are looking for QD setup.

I would also recommend the newer MS1 sling over the MS3 because the pull loop adjustment system can be awkward to use compare to the superior slider adjustment system of MS1. As seen in the above pic, I have a convertible rear attachment that allow front QD to clip into the rear for a single point setup.

Reactions: KuyaKwiet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang, that means I have to purchase another sling. I guess extra slongs won't hurt though. Thank you sir.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For those of you with the PMM qd mount: Does the high position of the sling get in the way of your cheek weld or in your face while shooting with the sling attached?

I really like the PMM mount, how it looks and fits with the gun very well, and thinking about picking one up but I heard some people have this problem and I know my cousin has this problem with his AR which is why he's looking for a mount thats is in a lower position. I know the GG&G QD is lower and farther away from the stock so it doesn't have this problem but doesn't look or fit as well with the gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts