FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory 10" is perfect right out of the box, just plug and play. It does only take 5 minutes to make the change, after spending 90 minutes cleaning off the gorilla snot. It cycled my normal handloads flawlessly without any really noticeable differences from the 16" barrel with the exception of the tuning fork "ting" from the flash hider after every shot. It was well worth the price and wait to get it done. I doubt that the 16" barrel will see the rifle again. Going with the factory barrel also eliminated the need to play the "gas screw shuffle". Now I just need mount for the suppressor.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Great scott man! Pictures please! We like to drool over other folks sbr scars :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Yes pic! I hopefully will be in your place in a couple more weeks. :)

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Badass! :shock: thanks for the pic

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Very nice! One day I'll do the same now that SBR's are legal here.

FS2KSTD, you guys able to get SBR's yet?

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Waiting on my stamp now so I can send Sarge some more of my loot $$$. Awaiting others stamps as well..Wish they, the ATF, would streamline things?? Is there a reason to go all the way back every time you submit paperwork??

Just do not get it.. They even quarantined the BNIB marching serial uppers and lowers Title 1 HK 416 D kits I and others paid for. Some Jealous AZZ HAT, as a good friend would say, cried foul after ATF already approved sale, excise taxes paid, etc.. Another waiting game..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm just need to get the mount to put the Gemtech Quicksand on it. It will be within 1/2" and 2oz of the original Scar with the 16" barrel. As well balanced as that was the SGR'd version feels even better.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally got a Gemtech quick mount for the 16SBR. I took it out for a quick run a month ago and then this morning again with the Gemtech Quicksand 7.62 for some slow evaluation. The POI shift is up about 1/2" at a 25m zero. The ejection with the gas block set to suppressed is exactly the same place so the bolt carrier should be traveling the me speed as unsuppressed. I ran a few shots without ear protection and its basically the crack of the bullet going supersonic. Maybe I'll develop a subsonic round. All in all I finally found my favorite setup for the can even though I originally bought it for the 17.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts