FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few years of deciding which "battle rifle" to go with I finally made a decision. A little back story...

I have owned guns for a long time, and have always shot my bolt actions, shotguns, hand guns, and semi-auto plinkers in .22LR, .17 Mach 2, and .17HMR. I never really bought into the "AR" hype and never really decided I needed one until the last few years. Then the search began for what would be my go to battle rifle for when I wanted to have fun, or God forbid, I actually "need" it some day.

I tried out several of my friends AR's, from bone stock off the shelf to fully customized and hand-built platforms. Several of them felt nice, but I am very picky about what I shoot and how I shoot it. A few months later I invited one of my co-workers out to my 200 acre ranch in California for a day of shooting squirrels and some target shooting. I opened the safe and got out a couple of my long range varmint rifles, a couple semi-auto plinkers, the usual shooting sticks for this kind of thing... My co-worker brought out his custom built AR, but he also brought out something I had seen before but had never really looked into (in CA it's rare for stores to have anything on the "rare" side). He had brought a SCAR 16S and told me that I could shoot it and see how it felt...

His was completely stock out of the box with the exception of a Geissele Super Scar trigger. Now remember what I said about being very picky... I had never been more impressed with the balance, feel, and accuracy out of a "battle rifle". I was instantly in love and new that this would be my go-to weapon. My co-worker told me that he has 13 "battle rifles" and nothing will ever replace his SCAR, it's his favorite by far.

I started paperwork on a black 16S yesterday and I cannot wait to get it out to the ranch and sight it in! Also, the shop I bought it from will be installing the Geissele Super Scar trigger while I wait the 10 days, woohoo!

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 16. Enjoy!

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked it up yesterday, what a blast this thing is! I've already ordered the Stryker Enterprises enhanced charging handle and their enhanced magazine release. I think I'll be sticking with the iron sights on this one for quite some time, was able to pop a few squirrels on my 200 acre property, fantastic factory sights!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts