FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Ok, first off I love my SCAR with Elcan combo. I have some questions about the placement that some of the other members are running on their SCAR 17. So in my setup I have my elcan in front of the rear iron. Maybe its just practice or my lack of shooting quality glass, But it seems like it should be back farther on my rail, and about a half inch higher. At the end of the day I am shooting great groups, My question is merely scope placement. So has anyone thrown their elcan on a larue riser. I was also wondering about removing the rear iron all together as the elcan has a set on top, and I guess I could always throw a MRDS on there. So forum members what are your thoughts and suggestions.

DSC00752.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
After playing around with eye relief, I ended up taking off my rear iron sight to move it further back. Just made it much more comfortable and gave me the eye relief i desired, as well as allowing me to shift my head around a bit and not lose visibility through the optic.

As for a riser, I personally don't think it would be a good idea. That would make the optic too high in my opinion, even with the cheek riser raised.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Off topic.
Any regret of the Elcan 1-4x option?
Any liking of 1 of the 2 normal reticles offered by Elcan DR series (exception "rare" cheveron 3rd choice)?
I heard the circular range finding are "busy" in comparison to the 1.5x straight BDC.
Note: I've only held the 1-4x and it seemed ok to me as an Elcan noob.

When the funds are in hand, I am going to sweat the 17s 1-4x vs 1.5-6x decision.

Thanks.

The nightforce 2.5-10x and Leupold 3-18x series are nice as well, but will only serve me on a future second DMR 17s.
A normal civi range should be covered well by the Elcan DR series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts