FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plan was to sell my 308 Mega Maten to fund this, but UPS lost the whole upper half in transit and now I'm in claims with them (good luck to me). It was a matching nickel set and there is really no way to buy matching parts to offset the loss.

Anways. I purchased this SCAR earlier in the month (the promotion baited me). I'm waiting on some mags and the rail (will probably sell the rail)

I took my Aero scope mount with my 4-14 Primary Arms (ACSS) scope off my old build and put it on this one.
I also took the GG&G bipod and put it on this as well.
I have added the quick disconnect attachment to the front and some other things.....
GG&G angled charging handle
Ergo black grip
Geissele Super Scar
Vltor FDE stock (not pictured)

I have some 45 degree irons that I was debating on placing on in addition, but I feel like that is too many ironssss. I might look into a quick disconnect scope mount to allow my self to utilize the factory irons if needed.

It shot pretty well. I'm so used to the AR platform and getting blasted with gas after every shot, this was a nice change for sure. The recoil is pretty good. I had a heavy buffer in my AR10, which made the recoil pretty tame. I do like the adjustable cheek weld and prefer it at the highest setting. I'm still playing with where I like the stock setting and I'm still not sure if I'm 100% on where I have my scope mounted. I did find very little play in the scope mount screws after only about 60 rounds. I'm not sure if those will need to have a little loctite in the future.

Very clean shooting rifle and I look forward to getting it out to a longer range.

Video Link:

http://vid1273.photobucket.com/albu...B-9AB2-4654-984B-DCF782B6F59F_zpsscvmvbsf.mp4

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Thanks for the write up. It's always good to see someone enjoying that new scar smell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.