FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a scar 17 that im going to set up as a 3 gun (heavy) match gun and a deer rifle , i live in n.c. Does anyone know the rules on the clip round count etc. Is there a 5 round clip we can get for these or do they make some kind of clip block etc ? Any help would be great . :?:

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
can you buy 5 round mags for these ??
No. Buy a mag limiter (15 rounds for your OEM 20) or buy a 10 round mag and then a 5 round limiter.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hunt in AZ, we have a bunch of Mules and WTs for you to choose from.... you can use your 20 round mag and your suppressor.....as well as IR lasers and NVGs when hunting predators

·
Registered
52 Posts
What are you useing on your setup , Scope etc ? Have not got a scope yet but Im leaning real hard toward the Vortex PST
This is mine. I'm using a Leupold VXR Patrol 1.25-4 right now in a Larue OBR mount. For deer hunting where I'm at it is fine. Longest shot I have at any of my stands is 55-60 yards and I normally keep it at 1.25. I've been shooting the gun at longer distances recently and am going to put a Vortex PST 2.5-10 on it. Also has a Geissele trigger.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mag limits are completely state dependent, so always check before you go. The rules can also shift depending on whether you are going for nuisance critters. Most states are open season year round on wild hogs and they don't care what you use. Heck, in Texas you can arrange class 3 hunts.

I run a Trijicon 3-9 on a Larue LT104. The mount lets me counter lever so I don't have any knuckle crunching. At 3x I can keep both eyes open and green marks the spot. I think Cooper would have loved the Scar 17. It is a near perfect all purpose Scout Rifle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up a limiter from a company that seems to make only Magazine Blocks. The soleplate of the factory mag was a little tougher to get off than I expected but overall wasn't too bad.
Unless you hunt with hearing protection, that PWS brake really needs to be switched out, I'm not going to risk my hearing any more than I need to. A single shot with my muffs not sitting right left me with a ringing ear for several days.

Scope wise, The Trijicon Accupoint series might be the perfect hunting scope within 200 yards.
my 2c

·
Registered
82 Posts
Scope wise, The Trijicon Accupoint series might be the perfect hunting scope within 200 yards.
my 2c
It is light weight. The turrets are easy to manipulate, even in gloves. The lighted dot helps with target acquisition in low light conditions. I personally love it, but jelrod1's suggestion of the VXR Patrol is also good choice. I'm old though, so I like more available magnification, but then I'm not always as close as he is when I need to take a shot.

If any one is looking for hunting suggestions, you might want to think about South Dakota. They have elk, white tail and mule. Some beautiful country up there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm going to be an ass and, with my 3rd post, ask why a Scar 17 owner would use the word clip. By the way, I have no standing on this. I don't yet own my 17, I've paid for it, but I haven't yet cradled it...... I've had a particularly bad day. My apologies to OP, I just couldn't help myself.....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm going to be an ass and, with my 3rd post, ask why a Scar 17 owner would use the word clip. By the way, I have no standing on this. I don't yet own my 17, I've paid for it, but I haven't yet cradled it...... I've had a particularly bad day. My apologies to OP, I just couldn't help myself.....
Do you wear shoes, kicks, sneakers, chucks, all stars? Clip is part of the lexicon, you understand what he means and that the two are interchangeable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do you wear shoes, kicks, sneakers, chucks, all stars? Clip is part of the lexicon, you understand what he means and that the two are interchangeable.
Yes they are part of the lexicon, but I see so many people get upset when magazines are called clips that I had to "be an ass". I went to a large gun auction in Indianapolis last Sunday and they probably sold 500 clips. The purists in the audience kept shaking their heads every time they said clip. "And now we have a box of assorted Glock clips" and so on. No harm intended OP.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up a limiter from a company that seems to make only Magazine Blocks. The soleplate of the factory mag was a little tougher to get off than I expected but overall wasn't too bad.
Unless you hunt with hearing protection, that PWS brake really needs to be switched out, I'm not going to risk my hearing any more than I need to. A single shot with my muffs not sitting right left me with a ringing ear for several days.

my 2c
Need to try you out some electronic earmuffs

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes they are part of the lexicon, but I see so many people get upset when magazines are called clips that I had to "be an ass". I went to a large gun auction in Indianapolis last Sunday and they probably sold 500 clips. The purists in the audience kept shaking their heads every time they said clip. "And now we have a box of assorted Glock clips" and so on. No harm intended OP.
LOL ......... OK "Magazine" !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts