FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a quick question about the SCAR before submitting my form.

Is the country of manufacturer the United States or Belgium for the SCAR 17? For my approved PS90 form 1 I have Belgium as the location, but on my SCAR eform I put in the United States. I know the SCAR's are finish assembled in the US, but are primarily "made" in Belgium.

Did you guys who had successful stamps put US or Belgium?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just called and talked to Dana at the NFA who does the eforms and he said that either would work since it is stamped both in Belgium and the USA. He said preferably he would like Belgium, since it is the original location, but that either would work.

I am shocked I got him on the phone, hope this helps someone down the road!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
That's cool you caught Dana on the phone!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's cool you caught Dana on the phone!
I was shocked and he confirmed everything you said Mtnsnow. He said the title piece in the profile didn't matter for me since all the form info is put in via the eform process.

Also anyone else doing it as an LLC he said all he really needs is the Article of incorporation. I will include an article of good standing but he said he has to check that himself so it is not needed.

He cares about 3a and all of section 4 entries the most.

Oh and he told me to expect 95 days and that he tries hard to keep it under 120 days.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
More good info from you two :mrgreen: I was wondering the same thing while I was looking over the forms last night.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Make sure you put the trust name in 3b - I used my name and had 2 eForm 1s disapproved - had to get credited $400 and then re apply again - If I was straight the 1st time around I would have them approved in the 90 day range ...oh well live and learn

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure you put the trust name in 3b - I used my name and had 2 eForm 1s disapproved - had to get credited $400 and then re apply again - If I was straight the 1st time around I would have them approved in the 90 day range ...oh well live and learn
I had this happen on a SBS I did about 2 years ago, that was a major bummer, but I was able to send it a corrected form, I am sorry to hear you have to go through the whole process again. At least with this and another 90 days it is still MUCH shorter than paper! lol

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I was shocked and he confirmed everything you said Mtnsnow. He said the title piece in the profile didn't matter for me since all the form info is put in via the eform process.

Also anyone else doing it as an LLC he said all he really needs is the Article of incorporation. I will include an article of good standing but he said he has to check that himself so it is not needed.

He cares about 3a and all of section 4 entries the most.

Oh and he told me to expect 95 days and that he tries hard to keep it under 120 days.

Very cool that the estimate remains around 90 days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts