FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this is my first post here, I have been reading the site quite a lot lately and have been using the search function a lot but still have not found the answers to what I am looking for.

I have 2 cars, 2 are FDE 17'and one 16 in Black. I no there is a ton ofif here about magazines but still wld like to get some help with a few questions all regarding the Scar 17.

1. Are there any other 25 round polymer magazine besides the Molon Labe? I just ordered some but they are huge.
2. I am looking to increase capacity from the 20 round OEM magazine, it could be polymer material o aluminum or stainless. I ordered also some ASC 25 rounds, do anybody know if the polymer floor plate of the OEM magazine would fit the ASC mag?
3. Do anybody know where to get replacements for th polymer floor plate of the 20 round OEM?
4. Do anybody know if there will be a 25 round polymer mag coming out for the Scar 17 OEM lower?

If the OEM Polymer foor plate fits the ASC 25 round mag then I might try to get them and paint them in FDE.

Thanks,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lester, thanks for the reply and sorry for the spelling of my first post, there was something wrong with my keayboard and it was pretty slow so some words are missing a few letters. I do have 2 of the lastest handl defense Scar25 Mod 2 (magnesium) and I have not even try them on my 17's since I am trying to keep the OEM lowers and increase capacity to 25 rounds so that's why I made the questions above.

If there is no good 25 round mag option for the OEM then I would need to use the handl defense and new pmag 25 LR/SR.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shalazaar, thank for the info, are you talking about a new 25 round pmag for the OEM Scar lower or you mean the new pmag 25LR/SR for the SR25/M110 pattern rifles that just came out recently?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any information as to where I can get the polymer floor plate of the OEM Mag?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Lester, thanks for the reply and sorry for the spelling of my first post, there was something wrong with my keayboard and it was pretty slow so some words are missing a few letters.QUOTE]

I get that too on the board, anyone know what's up? Like something is eating keys...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank Yoiu Remark, and where do I get the polymer floor plate for the FAL mags? they would look a lot cooler with that rubber/polymer base. I have been looking for the base for a few days but haven't been able to find where to get them.

I would appreciate any help.

thanks,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Common guys, any other info as to where I can get the polymer base or any other info about polymer 25 round magazines for the OEM lower?

thanks,

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
Common guys, any other info as to where I can get the polymer base or any other info about polymer 25 round magazines for the OEM lower?

thanks,
I don't recall ever seeing the base plates for sale separately. You can try calling FN Parts: 800-635-1321.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had never posted here, 439 views and only 4 people tried to help, amazing. I guess I will never post again.

Thank You Very much

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
FN factory mag bump pads are not something anyone is going to be able to point you to somewhere to buy except maybe FN, but even they may not have them in the system separately.
The bump pads on the factory FN mags are simply held on with two small screws. I have some ACS 25 round mags and the floor plates are similar but different, will they interchange I couldn't say but even if they don't you could if you can find some factory bump pads just drill two holes in the ACS floor plates and screw them on like the factory does.
As for 25round polymer mags that are not Molon Labe, haven't seen any in the wild. There are a couple guys working on some but none I've seen yet.
Magpul 25 round mags right now only work in the SR25 pattern lowers.

·
Registered
517 Posts

thanks,
I haven't seen any mag parts out there. If they are available ask SgtStryker. As to the 25 round mags I think there has been talk, but ML is the only one that I have seen as still available. I just don't think the market is big enough for anyone to make 25 round mags just for the SCAR.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Polymer base pads for the OEM magazine are not available.

25rd mag choices for the OEM module: MLI

In lieu of a 25rd mag, I would humbly suggest practicing quick mag swaps.

-SS

1 - 20 of 28 Posts