FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone remembers the early years of the SCAR 17... Mags were unobtainium... Couldn't be had for less than $100...

Then there was Sandy Hook - SCAR 17 rifles and OEM magazines went through the roof. OEM mags were selling for $100-200 a piece. Rifles for $4-5K.

In the aftermath of SH, everyone cried for More Production, more Magazines, etc, etc... Well, FN complied and supply currently far exceeds demand.

So take the time to shop forum vendors who sell mags and stock up. This won't last forever. If you are a dedicated SCAR 17 owner, or prospective owner, buy some mags. Add them to other orders of gun stuff, a couple mags at a time until you can imagine a complete magazine ban and know that you are alright for your lifetime. Whatever that number is.

Do the same for every firearm you own while you're at it. NHMTG mags are <$10 each. Hard to find pistol mags during the SH craze are now plentiful and reasonable. So just DO IT.

But if you don't and aren't prepared when it happens again, I'll say "I told you so" and laugh at your poor planning.

;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Damn, I was thinking about holding off on buying more but you convinced me...I do remember getting raped on some BX25 Mags during Sandy Hook time...now they're back on sale for 30 bucks, I don't want to say how much I spent on 2.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I'm up to 14 for my 17...and I don't get it until next week. There will be more.

Mags are always a sound investment. The 1994 AWB came into law just as I was really getting into shooting. When it expired I loaded up on mags, and have continued to do so. You never know what will come oozing out some legislator's pen.

Reactions: SeaMac and Kev

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I'd need to start another closet if I buy many more mags. :icon_think:
I wonder if my wife will surrender the second linen closet? The other one became my "ammo dump". Towels belong in the bathroom anyways.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I wonder if my wife will surrender the second linen closet? The other one became my "ammo dump". Towels belong in the bathroom anyways.
Don't give her the option, just do it. That's what I do while my wife's at work. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just wish I could get/run those X-25 drum mags. Not really sold on the idea of changing my lower to the HANDL either. Also, the FNestore has both FDE and black 17 mags but only FDE 16 mags. I only have the one that came with my 16 too.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Do give her the option, just do it. That's what I do while my wife's at work. :mrgreen:
She works at home. I'll make the conversion around 3AM, she'll never know.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'll buy a few cases of MLI mags.

:evil:.

I kid... I kid... :biggrin:.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
FNH OEM Mags x26
308 P-mags x19(waiting for SEAL lower)

I need 14 more OEM mags and 21 more 308 P-mags before I feel alright about it.
:bullets::bullets::bullets::bullets:

I am also planning on at least 6,000rds of Mk319 Mod 0 ammo to go with the 8,000rds of Portuguese NATO ball I have held on to since the mid 1990s.

Two is one and one is NONE.

Buy double what you think you will need and put whatever you don't use into reserve for a rainy day.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts