FN Herstal Firearms banner

Scar 17 mags

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  BigBuckeyeGuy 
#1 ·
All,

new to the board so hope I'm not going to get flamed for this thread but I'm a new SCAR 17 owner and looking to start acquiring mags. I've seen some 25 rd mags at grab a gun and 44 mag for $25.00. I believe the manufacturer is ASG . Can anyone comment on these as far as quality ?

Thank you.

#3 · (Edited)
There's some info about the ASC mags in this thread. I've never used them, but I'd stick with FN mags.

EDIT: Here's another thread with some info.

#4 ·
Learning a lesson sometimes costs $$.
Sleep on that thought.

Stick to the OEM 17s mags...

I don't understand how in 2014, the manufacturers cannot put out top notch aftermarket mags.
Magpul has been one of the only things to ever really sail in a scar series.

The SEAL lower will take the Pmag308 soon.
Hang tight, or "OEM the piss out of that 17s for now".

#8 ·
Stick with OEMs , I just nabbed a fist full for 26.00 ea. on GB so keep your eyes open ! On the other hand if you already have a say ar platform in 7.62 with a lot of mags for it you may want to hold off a little and get SARGEs new trigger module that will accept the Magpul sr25 style mags. With the money you would save you could make a substantial up-grade to your platform and have a spare ! just my 2 cents

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum....what about them? Are you looking to cram more than 20 rounds into a SCAR 17 magazine....? If not, just use the OEM Factory mags as they work the best!

Otherwise, just hit the search button on the top right hand corner of the forum and enter > nolan lane.....plenty of info about their offerings here on the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.