FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the latest news on the special accurized MK 20 version of the SCAR 17?

It seems far more than a year has passed perhaps even two years since I last heard of folks putting down deposits or trying to put down deposits on a rifle billed as more than the sum of its parts at something on the order of $5-6,000.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd like to know more as well but, I'm afraid if I post in this thread it will catch on fire.....Fenix, did they happen to throw out a general pricing?
They were sealed tight on it. The longer they take though, the more "competition" comes out, and the likelihood that my money will be spent on a Barrett REC10 instead.

·
Registered
86 Posts
They were sealed tight on it. The longer they take though, the more "competition" comes out, and the likelihood that my money will be spent on a Barrett REC10 instead.
As frustrating as these wait times are, I think FN's SCAR lineup will always have a consumer demand. The platforms themselves are unique and well-proven designs and the company overall has a lot of credibility in the firearms community, much of it well deserved. The only main drawback to the SCAR's and other products is the pricing; I equate FN to BMW in the car world. People will pay top $ for FN products, even if they can get comparable performance for a lower price with other brands.

I am dying to see this Mk 20 hit the gun stores.

With that said, I've also seen a lot of improvement and innovation from domestic companies, Barrett among them. I think the Rec 7 piston design, the MRAD and upcoming Rec 10 are great additions to the market and are indicative of Barrett's overall focus on quality.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can someone please educate me in this, what are the spec on this gun ? I hope it’s not another hyped firearm
20" 308 DMR style firearm that uses a different receiver and stock than the SCAR 17. Barrel assembly mounts are different, no front sight cut out and some other small differences.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Beefed up barrel extension. Takes 6 screw instead of 4. If they just released the buttstock for general sale I'd be one happy camper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.