FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body notice the moa opening up after 5-6 rounds ? Seems like I'm getting 2 moa after barrel heats up or maybe it's just me?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It makes sense. If you really want to shoot for groups you shouldn't be shooting more than one shot per 30 seconds. And lock the bolt open between shots. If it is ever even warmish to the touch you are shooting too fast (too fast for competition accuracy that is).

But since this gun is too fun to shoot that way just go out and blast and accept 2 moa is just fine for a battle rifle. Either way... *shrug*

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think it is tempting to look at the SCAR17 as a SASS, but its not a SASS. It is a true battle rifle, and a light weight one. For the role of a battle rifle I think it is more than accurate enough to get the job done. I have read many threads on the SR25 EMC that state that it shoot's .75 moa, but at the same time the statement will be made that it just doesn't like to be fed xyz type of ammo. I'd much rather have a 1.5 moa gun that will feed anything. My 17 has really been like a goat, it will eat about anything and regardless of what goes in, it all roughly looks the same coming out. With a thin profile barrel it will heat up more quickly which will lead to your groups opening up a bit more than if you had a heavy barrel on the gun just normal physics.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have the same problem with groups opening up once the barrel heats up. But I shoot rather slowly when shooting for groups so it doesn't happen until 15 or so rounds.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So far I have not, but it's pretty cold around here. Not sure that matters but I have done 5's that are holding just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts