FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I like have torque setting for the six screws shown in image below and do they require Loctite and which loctite to use. I removed the end plate to make a adapter for AR stock. Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
I use 20 inch pounds on all the reciver bolts except the barrel attachment bolts which are 60 inch pounds

Blue or none.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So I called FNH again today, was told to torque 65 in-lbs on all screws and with blue Loctite, including front sling hook plate. Am I getting the correct info? Thanks

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I'd stop half a turn before head stripes out...j

Be sure to use High torque Allen wrenches.

A larger contact surface along the edges allows you to achieve 20% more torque than with standard hex keys, which grip only with their pointed edges.
These high-torque L-keys have a unique profile that distributes pressure on the flat sides of fasteners.
Made of alloy steel with a black-oxide finish.

McMaster-Carr

Ps. or you can just buy a stock adapter...from me :)

i6 MK 4R MOD 0.jpg

I removed the end plate to make a adapter for AR stock. Thanks

·
Registered
5,463 Posts

A larger contact surface along the edges allows you to achieve 20% more torque than with standard hex keys, which grip only with their pointed edges.
These high-torque L-keys have a unique profile that distributes pressure on the flat sides of fasteners.

McMaster-Carr

View attachment 26780
OOH that is so purty! Can't wait until you put them on the market.:smile:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your design is very beautiful. I had rear plate removed already and AR adapter already made and Cerakoted.

Do you know the screw torque setting? Thanks

McMaster-Carr

View attachment 26780

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
22 in/lbs on the side fasteners and 62 in/lbs on the one @ 12 o'clock.

Loctite 603 on 100% of the thread form on all fasteners.

Let's see grab-a-gun provide that kind of support. Like I said previously, Stryker Enterprises may not be the cheapest but my customers get a level of tech support that few can match.

...and now a bit of eye candy from this past weekend.

BLK 16S.JPG

-SS

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sgt. thanks for the info. I just can't understand why two different answers from FNH.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
it seems the folks that answer the phones over there don't have the answers...most of the time the answer is a guess unless of course you can convince them to get out of the chair and behind the desk to ask the appropriate person for the answers.....all depends on who answers the phone IMO.

Sgt. thanks for the info. I just can't understand why two different answers from FNH.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sorry to revive old thread, but does anyone know that the part # is for 219 for front sling plate?.

Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts