FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took on the challenge of building a SCAR 17 from parts starting with a CYPHERX stripped receiver from Imperial Arms. I have managed to acquire every part except for the part called a "Receiver Rail" FN part# F182120010. This seems to be the one part that is impossible to find. I have been watching Midwest Gunworks for months. It is too bad that Imperial Arms does not make this available for each of their receivers they sell. I am wondering how many other people out there are in need of this same part. I am listing below every maker of this part that I know of. If anyone knows of another source, please post it.
The receiver rail has been made by these makers at some point in the past:
Imperial Arms
Otto Arms
Mototech Engineering
Midwest Gunworks (original FN SCAR part)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Interesting. Eddie from Mototech is cool. Reach out to him and ask him to make you one.

What was your total cost for the build?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually just found out that Imperial Arms is working on a new batch of the rails now and should have them for sale in a few weeks. That is great news.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took on the challenge of building a SCAR 17 from parts starting with a CYPHERX stripped receiver from Imperial Arms. I have managed to acquire every part except for the part called a "Receiver Rail" FN part# F182120010. This seems to be the one part that is impossible to find. I have been watching Midwest Gunworks for months. It is too bad that Imperial Arms does not make this available for each of their receivers they sell. I am wondering how many other people out there are in need of this same part. I am listing below every maker of this part that I know of. If anyone knows of another source, please post it.
The receiver rail has been made by these makers at some point in the past:
Imperial Arms
Otto Arms
Mototech Engineering
Midwest Gunworks (original FN SCAR part)
How much did the build cost?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already had some extra parts I bought over the last few yrs. including a barrel assembly. I spent approx $1,900 on additional parts to finish it. No telling what it would cost if you started with nothing. Probably would not save much at all.The new trigger module that uses AR-15 parts reduces the cost of a complete trigger module by about $300.
The best part about the process for me was what I learned about the parts and how everything works. Hard to put a price on knowledge and experience.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I already had some extra parts I bought over the last few yrs. including a barrel assembly. I spent approx $1,900 on additional parts to finish it. No telling what it would cost if you started with nothing. Probably would not save much at all.The new trigger module that uses AR-15 parts reduces the cost of a complete trigger module by about $300.
The best part about the process for me was what I learned about the parts and how everything works. Hard to put a price on knowledge and experience.
And in all honesty it wasn't bad to do :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts