FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
So i imagine you have an FDE 17 and a 16? I have an FDE 17 and want to get a black 16. Why black? Cuz i wanna get some cerakote on it and just couldn't do that over the gorgeous FDE. Im thinkin black stock, grip, and mag, and either burnt bronze, patriot brown, or od green receivers. Kryptek would be sweet but i can only imagine what that would cost. I guess i would get it hydro-dipped if it was gonna be kryptek. It would be cool to do you own kryptek colors and not just the patterns that already exist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So i imagine you have an FDE 17 and a 16? I have an FDE 17 and want to get a black 16. Why black? Cuz i wanna get some cerakote on it and just couldn't do that over the gorgeous FDE. Im thinkin black stock, grip, and mag, and either burnt bronze, patriot brown, or od green receivers. Kryptek would be sweet but i can only imagine what that would cost. I guess i would get it hydro-dipped if it was gonna be kryptek. It would be cool to do you own kryptek colors and not just the patterns that already exist.
Please do this with the Kryptek! hydro dipping should be a DIY. never done it my self but was thinking on doing it on my MK 12 build when done.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had that mini black Scar-16 and it was getting lonely. The problem with them is when you get one, for some reason. You want another, very few rifles have that addiction lately. RON K.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Boy do I totally get that! I feel the same way. I had Andy at Guncoat NorthWest do some black guns first. (but I still haven't had him do the black 17 yet. (And here I got the black 17 just to have his work done on it. LOL) I love his latest work! I think I'm going to go with OD green and super dark mud brown and black on the SCAR Just to be a little different than this one.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Reactions: gnxz

·
Registered
660 Posts
Never post when high on Scar activity. JUST WANTING TO ADD a Black Scar 17 to the fold now. this is really a sickness. and it makes you want more....kind of like..........Nevermind..RON K.
Congrats on the sickness. Isn't it a great disease though!? :?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Boy do I totally get that! I feel the same way. I had Andy at Guncoat NorthWest do some black guns first. (but I still haven't had him do the black 17 yet. (And here I got the black 17 just to have his work done on it. LOL) I love his latest work! I think I'm going to go with OD green and super dark mud brown and black on the SCAR Just to be a little different than this one.
View attachment 34040 View attachment 34041 View attachment 34042
Man that is too cool!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Man that is too cool!
The real cool thing about this camo job he did is that here in the Pacific Northwest you take that rifle into the green (usually wet) forests on the West side and that rifle just disappears! Put it near a tree and the ferns and walk away and turn around just 15 yards away and it's like the rifle is gone!

·
Registered
465 Posts
View attachment 34040 View attachment 34041 View attachment 34042
Dude lefthanded, that finish is SOO EFFIN NASTY!!! Holy crap

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess I am late to the party...I ordered a 17 last Thursday. This will be my first SCAR. I plan on a SE SEAL as soon as the 17 gets home. I already have SR mags.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts