FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I really had high hopes for this optic ... Burris XTR Gen 2 1-4x

I am going to run my Aimpoint Comp M4 on it until I receive a replacement or get it fixed.... But its tough to have faith in something that failed so quickly

The XTR is not exactly a "cheap" line of optics so I was kinda shocked

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

Those Scar 17's really separate the "men from the boys" so to speak in optics.

...and like you said, this isn't meant to bash Burris - just to make people aware.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing.

Those Scar 17's really separate the "men from the boys" so to speak in optics.

...and like you said, this isn't meant to bash Burris - just to make people aware.
Exactly ... I am not trying to skimp on optics ... These new were in the $700 range so I expected it to be a decent performer

I have several aimpoints to substitute in the mean time at least

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Maybe it was the ADM mount. Shoulda gone Larue. :-o

But seriously, sorry to hear man! That's no bueno.
I wish there was a pot stirring smiley :-D

Sorry to hear about your trouble OP. Leupold has a nice 1-4 in that price range that folks are running...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nahhh haha .... I own 3 of those delta mounts ... Well I am selling this one because I will more than likely run this optic on one of my ARs in a cantilever mount when I get it back

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ouch, hopefully that's just a fluke.

Interested in hearing what they have to say, and what they do to help you out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
there was a link to another conversation on AR15.com that there was a few people who were having issues with scars and optics. I guess the deal is recoil impluse seemed like a pretty angry discussion. so I take it this is not new

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
UPDATE: I contacted Burris Monday morning .... Call lasted all of a minute basically I was instructed to sent the scope back in and fill out the return/repair form.... I had to pay for shipping to them which IMO they shouldve sent me a label especially for something that failed so soon .... I was told the repair/replacement process takes 6-8 weeks!! Thats a long time to be without a new scope but whatever I mailed it out same day and it was delivered yesterday to burris ... So I guess I am just gonna have to wait a few months ;-)

I had an issue with one of my Vortex PST's (illumination stopped working) they sent me a label for my bad scope and overnighted me a new one ... I was VERY impressed by Vortex and burris has a long way to go until they are near Vortex in my book

I was just in the market for a scope for my Savage 110 and just because of my experience with them in the past (vortex that is) I bought a PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MRAD ... Scheduled to be delivered today ... I am excited to throw it on top of my savage

Anyways.... I will follow-up once I hear something from Burris.... Which will most likely be several weeks

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Sounds like Burris and FNH exchanged notes... Hard luck man but at least they are offering to fix it I guess.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Sounds like you should put that Vortex PSR scope on the 17... :?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts