FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Trijicon VCOG for my Scar 17, I could'nt pass up the deal for $1470.00. (NIB). I havent heard alot about them on the Scar's yet. My buddy has a Scar 17 as well and he has a Elcan 1.5x6 and I absolutly love it but I cant pony up the extra $1000+ for it. I love the eye relief on the elcan. Im hoping the eye relief is simular. Thanks in Advance for the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not got it yet, Should be getting it Tues or Wed next week. I got the last one.. The guy won it and said he needed the money. Cant wait to get it. Ill post pics when I get it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I call bogus. Lol. The best I can find is just shy of 2k. I'm always afraid to buy scopes that were given as a gift or won somehow. However I'd buy a legit one at that price.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Paid for and receiving are 2 very different things! Seeing is believing...:th_sign0147:

I hope you really get one, that would mean, the one I ordered on "the 1st day open to order" should show up soon.

That's also about $300 under dealer cost... just saying...

Here is one... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=416321451 $1900

Too bad its horse shoe....

·
Registered
609 Posts
Couple things I don't like about it is the integrated mount which uses thumb screws and the poor choices in reticles all the busy clutter in it blocks vision at longer range. I'm no fan of horseshoe reticle or clutter that really isn't needed. The batteries are off putting to me I would preferred the tritium and fibre combo.

I would have been interested with a green chevron no batteries simple bdc fiber and tritium powered with no mount. Basicly an acog with no integrated mount but adjustable magnification would have my interest

The only thing I'm seeing it does better than a accupoint 1-4 is the bdc and an extra 2x. Front focal I can take it or leave it

·
Registered
671 Posts
Paid for and receiving are 2 very different things! Seeing is believing...:th_sign0147:

I hope you really get one, that would mean, the one I ordered on "the 1st day open to order" should show up soon.

That's also about $300 under dealer cost... just saying...

Here is one... TRIJICON VCOG VC16-C-1600005 HORSESHOE 308 175GR : Gun Scopes at GunBroker.com $1900

Too bad its horse shoe....

What is MSRP? Triji street price is usually 70-75% of MSRP. For me at least, at 2k I'd rather have an Mk6 or SpecterDR, but $1,500 would make me take a look at a VCOG in person...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was going to do a range report before I posted anything but it looks like we're getting antsy:wink:. (I also have no idea when I will have to time to do a proper full report) Any way I picked her up on April 17, I have access to a local distributor and they happened to get two in...luck me! Here are some pics, I tried and tried to get a proper reticle view but I could not get anything captured worth while..also has an aftermarket GDI mount.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I was going to do a range report before I posted anything but it looks like we're getting antsy:wink:. (I also have no idea when I will have to time to do a proper full report) Any way I picked her up on April 17, I have access to a local distributor and they happened to get two in...luck me! Here are some pics, I tried and tried to get a proper reticle view but I could not get anything captured worth while..also has an aftermarket GDI mount.

see if you can get a good pic of the illuminated ret during the daylight, I want to see how it compares to the elcan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry FullAssault, I tried 50+ pics of the reticle. I could not get anything even worth posting here... The glass is bright and beautiful.
The mount fits perfect and there is no interference. Also I paid 1837+tax.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys gt me scared now. LOL, The guy I bought it from works at a gun shop and I called the shop he works at to verify he works there and everything was legit. I guess I was in the right place at the right time:) I will post a pic once I recieve it. For the most part mine will look exactly like Don710's. I really want to compare it to the elcan 1.5x6. I have a NF 2.5X10-24 on my LMT MWS and Love it but I love the elcan a lil better...

·
Registered
8,450 Posts

very nice
Post up range report when complete.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts