FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had a chance to have a visit with my new YHM Ti suppressor yesterday. It was pretty impressive. While I think it was hearing safe, it still was a tad on the loud side of things for my comfort level. Still very manageable overall and nothing like the bark of un-suppressed. I couldn't tell of any noticeable POI shift since I was hitting a 2" steel target at 100 yards. It was pretty sweet to be hitting the jumping target and making it bounce all over the place. I then tried it on my Tavor using the YHM QD mount. Also hearing safe, and a lot quieter. :p

The next test will be using subsonic .308.

Also tested out a Hunter Town Arms Kestrel with .300 Blackout using my own subsonic ammo. Now that was quiet as my .22 suppressed.

Finally, the ending highlight of the day, full auto .223. The dealer that is babysitting my cans also brought out some full auto goodness for some other folks to try, so we got to play as well. The best part...my wife asking me....can we get one of those. :)

Cheers!

Sten

·
Registered
602 Posts
Awesome, sounds fun! That's a great set up right there! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's going to be a very cautious development. Last thing I want to do is damage my can or the precious. I have had some excellent results with my LAR-8, but that was non suppressed subsonic ammo, so I will be taking it slow and easy. Plus, I won't actually have access to it for at least another 8 months maybe (not counting visitation rights)....by then my range on my property will be complete and I just have to come up with extra time. :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Wouldn't ming seeing some pics of the SCAR 17s with the YHM suppressor on the end, just to keep us with pending suppressor stamps satisfied...

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I may be able to help out with that...
Please excuse my short comings... as much as I believe the Scar 17 belongs on " The Wall " of my weapons group .... " The Colonel " will not permit any guns mounted up there ! Some regulations I can't get around ! LOL.....
Scar17 YHM 7.62Ti 001.jpg Scar17 YHM 7.62Ti 003.jpg

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Wow...that's a tiny POI shift. I get 5" left when popping on a Gemtech Quicksand.
I must admit , I was taken back also with that observation ! I get a 5" POI shift, straight down @100, not that I'm complaining , straight down is good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The really odd thing is that the POI shift depends upon the ammo. 175 Gr (M118LR) produces 5" left at 100 yards vs unsuppressed. 147 Gr (Winchester Q3130) produces 2" left and 2" down. It makes for a rather odd DOPE table... I bought a bunch of 168 Gr (Nosler Match) for when I finally run out of 175 Gr, but who knows what that will produce.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts