FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've found my pet load for my 17! Being in Eastern PA, the longest distance range I can get to is 100 yards. This was typical of the day's shooting. I pulled the last target and noted my load data, 5 shots from a bench, 3/4" group. 168gr Hornady HPBT over 43 grains of Varget. Stock trigger 17s with a Leupold 1-4x VX-R Firedot scope.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice shooting, and with Varget, you can just about dump some down the barrel and drop in a bullet and light it with a flint and get a good shot.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Fantastic shooting!:? And with a stock trigger!!!! Bravo!
:clappingmr2:​

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've found my pet load for my 17! Being in Eastern PA, the longest distance range I can get to is 100 yards. This was typical of the day's shooting. I pulled the last target and noted my load data, 5 shots from a bench, 3/4" group. 168gr Hornady HPBT over 43 grains of Varget. Stock trigger 17s with a Leupold 1-4x VX-R Firedot scope.
Depending on where you mean by east Pa, there is a 300 in Berks County and a 600 or 800 in Lancaster County. There may be more, but that is the ones I know.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Pretty Impressive and yes I'd say you found the perfect load for your 17, especially using a 1x4 optic also. Congrats and nice shooting as well.

·
Registered
600 Posts
To think your group cold have been even tighter had you gotten the more accurate BLACK version :D
Ha!!! This proves what we all know here FDE for the Win! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
660 Posts
DANG! Nice consistent hold there my friend! Congrats on finding that sweet spot in load development! :?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts