FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just purchased a FN Scar 17s. I have wanted one for quite awhile and I am thrilled to add it to my collection. I really like to customize my firearms to my liking. Before the gun arrived, I already had a Geissele Scar super trigger, a Ergo grip and a Vltor SCAR stock adapter waiting in the wings. I have since also got a Grip Pod GPS-02 to try out. If I don't like it I will switch to a Tango Down grip and an Atlas bipod. I have some Thor's hammer safety paddles from Empire Tactical and LaRue index clips in route to use as rail covers. I have a few slings in my possession I plan to try out and am leaning towards a Urban ERT sling. I love those. As much as I love the looks and function of the factory brake, I had to change it out to a YHM Q.D. brake to accommodate my suppressor. So my question is, are there are more "must have" aftermarket parts I should be thinking of? I am waiting for my ACOG to arrive from Trijicon before I decide if I need a aftermarket bolt handle. If the ACOG mount is going to be a knuckle buster, what charging handle do you recommend? GG&G? Striker? Any other accessories I should think about?

Thanks in advance
Jason

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 17!

For me, the only "must have" is a new grip. I hate the A2. That's not to say that I haven't made a lot of changes...I have. I have a big empty wallet as a constant reminder of all those changes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Time at the range and plenty of ammo will answer your question. I'll second the grip change as a must but you already covered that. I'm still sorting through the charging handle on mine. My current scope mount forced the switch to the right side and I sort of like it on that side vs the left. I do need order some rear sling attachment points, and am favoring the PMM offering vs others I have seen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you got a nasty gritty heavy trigger from the factory I would say a Geissele but all of the recent SCARs I've handled the trigger has been pretty squared away.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Welcome! :? Your on the right track. The superscar trigger is awesome. Angled charging handle is handy, unless you hold the gun by the magwell, then it will rip your thumb nail off. Didn't care for the Ergo grip, tried it - switched to Hogue, but that's personal preference. I personally like the factory stock. The gripod is a bit long for the 17, although I use it often on my 16. Like optics and grips these are all personal things which you will have to figure out for yourself, but congratulations it's an awesome platform.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Welcome! You need a Blue Force Gear passed VCAS sling.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello all,

I am waiting for my ACOG to arrive from Trijicon before I decide if I need a aftermarket bolt handle. If the ACOG mount is going to be a knuckle buster, what charging handle do you recommend? GG&G? Striker? Any other accessories I should think about?

Jason

Just FYI, the stock acog mount can be switched back and forth, it's just some machine screws underneath, it will need to be re zeroed, but there is no change in cant or anything like that, I asked trijicon already and they said good to go, just FYI

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on the new 17! I like he Tango Down grip, the G&G extended handle, magpul selectors and the VCAS padded slings also. I use the BFG Universal loop in the rear for the sling, but looking at the PMM or KDG flush cup adapters. You should also get the ADM Delta mount if you use a standard type scope. I also really like the KDG rail! Lots of choices out there now. Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info on the ACOG. I have one on a FS2000 but it has a stock mount. I would love something besides the stock because I don't like the big knobs. The PMM sling mounts have made it on my list.

Thanks again all
Jason

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today I orders a EACH from Stryker and the front and rear QD mounts from Parker Mountain. Does anyone know if the front QD mount from Parker Mountain is compatible with the Mrex rail system? That will likely be my next purchase but probably not for a couple weeks.

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
+2 on the EACH as well.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Does anyone know if the front QD mount from Parker Mountain is compatible with the Mrex rail system? That will likely be my next purchase but probably not for a couple weeks.

Thanks
Jason
Looks like if I'm seeing things correctly, this first pic looks to have them both the rail and QD front sling mount. Looks like the MREX rail has a QD cup in it in front of the Barrel retention bolts also.

http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/66129-kdg-scar-mrex-review.html

1 - 20 of 32 Posts