FN Herstal Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that FN will not be releasing any SCAR 17s rifles to the U.S. public. My stocking dealer (Kingdom Arms) informed me of this earlier today. As for the SCAR 16s, stocking dealers must purchase a package to obtain 1 SCAR 16s. For each dealer package a dealer buys through a distributor, entitles the dealer to 1 SCAR 16s.

Delivery for the next batch of SCAR 16s rifles is scheduled for the May-July time frame. The next batch will come in a cardboard box and will be marked on one side of the receiver and there will be no C. O. A. issued with the rifle.

FN is also cutting back on production for the FiveseveN pistol. We think it's do to the political events FN expects from Washington in the future.

Lastly, on the FS 2000; We feel FN will eventually stop producing this fine rifle. We hope FN doesn't, but we'll have to see. I would buy while the buying is still an option.

I personally own the following FNH USA products:
FN A5 M .308
FS 2000
FiveseveN
PS 90 Tri-rail
(2) FNP 45's

Jim @ Kingdom Arms has me down for a SCAR 16, on the initial S.E. run, and if someone backs out, I'll have one @ $2700.00. If I don't get the S.E. unit, I'll wait for the cardboard box version coming in May-July. Jim feels the $ range will be $2500.00. He also told me someone actually paid $9000.00 plus for Serial # 1 SCAR 16s. Remarkable, to say the least.

I hope everyone finds this information useful, has answered some of your questions and addressed your concerns.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I find it hard to believe FN would release the 17S in another country but not sell it in the USA. The USA is too big of a market for them to over look it and they know it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
djv38 said:
I find it hard to believe FN would release the 17S in another country but not sell it in the USA. The USA is too big of a market for them to over look it and they know it.
...especially when they are manufacturing it in the states anyway.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please understand that any manufacturer can 'advertise' any potential product on their website. We've all seen this before. As for the Civilian version of the SCAR 7.62mm select fire weapon, (17s) It doesn't surprise me that they would withdraw it from the civilian market and focus efforts on the 5.56 version.

Again, I hope this helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wish the guy at kindom arms knew what he was talking about gunbroker auction #120173823 gun#94 was bidded a 9.275.00 ,he believes that you are lelegally bound in cotract if you bid on gun broker. I read the terms if you don't pay for your bids you can get suspended from biding on other items. as far as the scar h 17s goes more people want a harder hitter than a mouse gun I just cant beleive FN keeps the buyers and their dealers in the dark on release dates. I have spent hours on the phone with dealers to preorder and to find out monday January 5 on gun broker that the scar has been realised The FN stocking dealers were shocked to see the scar on GB ,when they called FN to find out when they were getting thier shipment. FN told them they had no idea how those scar's were relealised so soon. sounds like BS,I also heard at the shotshow that the prez of FN broke the stock on on of the Scar's and 2 so called instructors could'nt disassemble the rifle to fix the stock. I just wish FN could be a little more professional with the relase of the Scar 16s to keep down price gouging afte the I get aSCAR 17s I have no other intrest in any other FN products. :evil:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wish the guy at kindom arms knew what he was talking about gunbroker auction #120173823 gun#94 was bidded a 9.275.00 ,he believes that you are lelegally bound in cotract if you bid on gun broker. I read the terms if you don't pay for your bids you can get suspended from biding on other items. as far as the scar h 17s goes more people want a harder hitter than a mouse gun I just cant beleive FN keeps the buyers and their dealers in the dark on release dates. I have spent hours on the phone with dealers to preorder and to find out monday January 5 on gun broker that the scar has been realised The FN stocking dealers were shocked to see the scar on GB ,when they called FN to find out when they were getting thier shipment. FN told them they had no idea how those scar's were relealised so soon. sounds like BS,I also heard at the shotshow that the prez of FN broke the stock on on of the Scar's and 2 so called instructors could'nt disassemble the rifle to fix the stock. I just wish FN could be a little more professional with the relase of the Scar 16s to keep down price gouging afte the I get aSCAR 17s I have no other intrest in any other FN products. :evil:

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:roll: Oh brother. If you're hot on a 7.62 gas gun, there are PLENTY of other guns to choose from...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Oh my... IT'S NOT PRICE GOUGING when it's a product you don't HAVE to own.

If it's fuel, that everyone has to buy to survive, it's price gouging.
If it's electricity, that everyone has to buy to survive, it's price gouging.
If it's a luxury item, like a SCAR16, IT'S NOT PRICE GOUGING!! It's free market pricing.

Zhur

·
Registered
92 Posts
Zhurdan said:
Oh my... IT'S NOT PRICE GOUGING when it's a product you don't HAVE to own.

If it's fuel, that everyone has to buy to survive, it's price gouging.
If it's electricity, that everyone has to buy to survive, it's price gouging.
If it's a luxury item, like a SCAR16, IT'S NOT PRICE GOUGING!! It's free market pricing.

Oh just bend over and keep taking it .... I like you are ready. :D :D Zhur

·
Registered
67 Posts
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:
I just found out that FN will not be releasing any SCAR 17s rifles to the U.S. public.
We will see... :roll:

If not the MR762 looks like a good second choice. :?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Maybe it is just a typical trick of a dealer that wants you to buy something now instead of saving and waiting for what you really want. The 17S is listed on their US website. Where else are they going to sell it anyway? Belgium?

:-D :-? :cry:

·
Banned
78 Posts
I agree. I've heard so many dealers lie and slant the truth just to try and get you to buy what they have in stock now. I can't begin to tell you how many dealers are basically saying, "If you don't buy my stuff right now, you will never get it...." It's actually that kind of talk that turns me way off, and I wind up going someplace else.

An example would be the dealer telling me that I have to buy an LWRC immediately because HK will never make a civilian version of the 416. Then the dealer without the LWRC in stock will tell me to pre-order a 416 since they're going to come out in just a few months. Lots of talk, not a lot of truth.

·
Registered
48 Posts
TDB7117 said:
SgtStrykerUSMC43 said:
I just found out that FN will not be releasing any SCAR 17s rifles to the U.S. public.
We will see... :roll:

If not the MR762 looks like a good second choice. :?
Honestly, the more I read about the foriegn offerings, the more I decided to buy American. The MR series is just an M4gery that forgot the M4. That BS they are giving us about export restrictions... how about making them here then? And the SCAR, I used to want the H, no more. There are plenty of offerings here for a substantially lower cost and just as good in quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure they are going to release the 17s. They know there is a lot of hype and demand for the 17s so they are going to release the 16s first sell a load of them and then when you have some more mad money saved up they'll drop the 17s on you.

That and due to tooling and manufacturing capacity they might be producing the 16s now and then retooling and producing the 17s in the later part of the year. Actually makes sense.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.