FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see if anyone here has had to send their SCAR 17s in for replacement (mine had an out of spec top rail) and what the turnaround was on getting a replacement gun. I sent mine in on 2/27/15. Called on 4/6/15 and was told I was getting a new gun whenever they become available in inventory. Called on 5/18/15 and was told about 2 weeks. Called again today (6/16/15) and was told no ETA. Mine was in FDE if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
it takes a while for them to get a replacement on a warranty . Lately it seems has been 3-5 months for warranty returns

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
If FNH doesn't know exactly when, no one here is going to know the turnaround time.

It varies due to a lot of factors. One being, Belgium has to send them. I'm sure they don't just send one over at a time as needed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Out of spec top rail? Could you explain? I've seen out of spec optic mounts, are yous sure that's not the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, thank you all for the quick replies!!! Good to know on time frame for replacements, that is what I was primarily wanting to know. It sounds like I am still well within the 3 - 5 month window. Not much different than the wait for NFA items or custom guns so I am somewhat used to it.

I'll try to answer questions in turn. I've actually had the gun for a while and knew about the problem but didn't want to be without a 17s until I got another 17s to shoot in its place. I've been wanting multiples anyway. I hadn't considered bringing it back to the dealer as I figured it was a warranty issue but it is good to know about the Davidson's option if something like this happens in the future.

Optics would not mount securely to the top rail forward of the rear BUIS and would slide front to back. I know it is the rail on my gun as I tried the exact same optics and mounts (tried 3 different optic/mount combos) on a couple of other SCARs I have along with some that my friends have (without making any adjustments to adjustable mounts). Those 3 optic combos worked just fine on the other SCARs. I wrote the same information on my service return form and apparently they agreed with my assessment which is why the gun had to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Glad to hear you're back in business.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I never had to have a gun replacement as part of warranty so I don't know what the typical time frame is, but I have had to wait 6-months for warranty work on a couple of guns before.

I feel your pain and I'm glad that you finally got a new replacement. Hopefully it will work out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts