FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Depends on if you’re going to suppress it or not. I’m using the stock brake while I wait for my suppressor to get out of jail. Then I’ll be replacing with a SFMB.

·
Banned
659 Posts
Suppressed or not? The one that comes with your 20S is a Surefire Procomp and is very highly rated for it's efficiency. I'd probably keep it unless I was going to consistency run the 20S suppressed, then I'd install whatever compatible QD muzzle device works with your particular brand of suppressor...

·
Registered
114 Posts

Use this adaptor and cgs hyperion suppressor. You will forget about surefire stuff. I am running this setup on my Petra 300 win mag. Stupid quite!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Suppressed or not? The one that comes with your 20S is a Surefire Procomp and is very highly rated for it's efficiency. I'd probably keep it unless I was going to consistency run the 20S suppressed, then I'd install whatever compatible QD muzzle device works with your particular brand of suppressor...
Yup...what he said...if you have the ProComp (which new 20S have now)...you wont be gaining too much from going to another brake...

·
Banned
659 Posts
Yup...what he said...if you have the ProComp (which new 20S have now)...you wont be gaining too much from going to another brake...
True that about the Surefire Procomp MH and nobody can ever forget about Surefire products. They're purchased by Uncle Sucker and have proven themselves to be tried and true in combat situations worldwide. As for some off brand "cgs hyperion", never heard of it, never seen one and never have the guys that actually run suppressors to protect our sorry asses. Just saying...

·
Banned
659 Posts
CGS is a solid company with solid products.
Really, never heard of 'em. Probably took over AAC's bankrupt operation. Combat proven in test firing lane #1...

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Would the procomp work with surefire suppressor?

·
Banned
659 Posts
Would the procomp work with surefire suppressor?
No it won't, it's the muzzle brake that comes on the SCAR 20S from the FN factory and is for unsuppressed fire only. An almost exact duplicate muzzle brake for suppressed fire is :

but I think it has an almost 12 month delivery time. Why, who knows?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Another good brake is lantac dragon muzzle brake. I use it on my scar 17s to accept suppressor sandman and Helios

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Surefire's Warcomp, not a true brake but it's ports work as designed to keep the muzzle down.

·
Banned
659 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Surefire's Warcomp, not a true brake but it's ports work as designed to keep the muzzle down.
I prefer the Surefire FLASH HIDERS or the Surefire MUZZLE BRAKES. I've got Warcomps on several big boys and the signature reduction/muzzle flash is reduced by 99%, WITHOUT THE CAN. That's why it's the ONLY muzzle device/suppressor combination currently chosen by Uncle Sucker (sorry everybody else!!!)...

·
Registered
982 Posts
from what i hear, surefire will make the suppressors that fit the older sf brakes, but they tend to do them in batches sort of on demand, so if you're looking for one, get in on a group buy or you have to wait for extras to show up on the market.
i could have gotten in on one for my MB762SSAL/RE but they are completely banned here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went with a Surefire SOCOM Muzzle Brake for my SCAR 20S. Can't wait until my Surefire SOCOM 762-RC2 Suppressor gets out of NFA Jail ;)

As a added precaution, I even check to make sure everything is concentric with my Geissele Alignment Rod. This way when I can finally take that first shot, I don't have to worry about a Baffle Strike!!
20201209_151105.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts