FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of way to convert the 45 degree throw to a 90?? i know its weird to some but ive never really liked 45 degree safeties and its the one annoyance on the scar i havent over come yet

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
I think that may entail a bit of creative engineering since the S,1,A trigger occupies the 90* position when switched to ROCK-n-ROLL!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was my thought. im just wondering if anyone else has tried it thought of doing it or if a 90degree safety was out there somewhere

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Not knowing, honestly can't say. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Sarge could likely answer yay or nay, you may have to wait for him to see your thread.

that was my thought. im just wondering if anyone else has tried it thought of doing it or if a 90degree safety was out there somewhere

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I believe some of the don't ask don't tell boys have some SCARs with the selectors with positions the same as the M4's they are already use to.
So to answer your question...............Yes I believe "someone" is already doing it, but I don't know of any mortals who have those...............Yet :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have one question - why?

I wish AR's had 45 degree safeties. To me they are much easier to put on with the strong hand thumb and take off.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Santa might just drop some down the chimney this Christmas.

-SS
if you make them you can sell me one for sure!!

I have one question - why?

I wish AR's had 45 degree safeties. To me they are much easier to put on with the strong hand thumb and take off.
personal preference and ive been using ar15 and m16 since 1986. i just prefer the 90 degree throw. it feels natural to me. its more in line with 28 years of muscle memmory

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Reactions: STL

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Doing quite a number of things & although I would like to share everything publicly with members of FNF, I cannot due to spies and shills lurking here like vultures hovering over fresh carrion.

-SS

·
Registered
412 Posts
I understand that position Sarge. I feel bad because you used to be free-wheeling. Now its all business. I just hope you dont have PTSD.

Post Traumatic Scar-forum Disorder.

Either way. You are the Godfather. May your first child be a masculine child.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts