FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bubajoe said:
homeinvader, can you post instructions / a discription on how to install that pin? I think I just ordered the same one as you...
Removing the stock latch is very easy as it turns out. Just push in the retaining tab on the muzzle side of the stock latch housing and the whole thing will come right out. The pin replaces the spring, then the whole thing goes right back in. Simple.

The next step is what has me scratching my head.

The stock latch is now locked and will not recede, per design. However, I'm not sure how to close the stock now. Since it will not recede into the housing in order the allow the stock to close over it, the stock cannot close.

Forcing it will like damage the latch hooks and that is the only way to close it, unless...

1) Remove the stock hinge pin.
2) Separate the receiver mount plate -which also has the stock tabs that interface with the latch hooks- from the buttstock.
3) Slip the mount plate stock tabs over the stock latch hooks.
4) Rotate the mount plate toward the hinge and realign the hinge holes.
5) Reinstall the hinge pin.

I simply don't want to remove the hinge pin. There has to be a better way.

I have a new stock latch in-bound that locks closed with a set screw rather than requiring a block. Might be a better way, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Removing the stock latch is very easy as it turns out. Just push in the retaining tab on the muzzle side of the stock latch housing and the whole thing will come right out. The pin replaces the spring, then the whole thing goes right back in. Simple.

The next step is what has me scratching my head.

The stock latch is now locked and will not recede, per design. However, I'm not sure how to close the stock now. Since it will not recede into the housing in order the allow the stock to close over it, the stock cannot close.

Forcing it will like damage the latch hooks and that is the only way to close it, unless...

1) Remove the stock hinge pin.
2) Separate the receiver mount plate -which also has the stock tabs that interface with the latch hooks- from the buttstock.
3) Slip the mount plate stock tabs over the stock latch hooks.
4) Rotate the mount plate toward the hinge and realign the hinge holes.
5) Reinstall the hinge pin.

I simply don't want to remove the hinge pin. There has to be a better way.

I have a new stock latch in-bound that locks closed with a set screw rather than requiring a block. Might be a better way, I'll let you know.
What did you use to push the pin out of the stock?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts