FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This my be a stupid question but I'm just noticing the buttstock on my new 17 is not straight coming off the upper receiver. If I hold the gun up in front of me pointing forward I can see that the buttstock kicks to the left about 1/4 inch. Is doesn't really bother me but I'm just wondering if the is normal. I would think the buttstock would be straight inline with the receiver.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's wierd then. I eye ball mine straight down the top rail and my buttstock is off to the left while it is latched. It's at least a 1/4 to the left.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That's wierd then. I eye ball mine straight down the top rail and my buttstock is off to the left while it is latched. It's at least a 1/4 to the left.
Yes, one was canted from it's 1913 rail line.
I think one of the 16s is like you had described.

A quick check on 17s and it's pretty straight.

Edit:

Not by much, so I'm not even going to count it as off.

If if were a tube stock m4/castle nut etc., then it would be odd.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks sarge, I figured it must have been the way it is supposed to be but I just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My brand new 17 that I just picked up on Friday is exactly the same way - when you look down from the top, the stock is definitely not in line with the rest of the upper - it's slightly angled coming off the receiver.

I've heard this is normal though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts