FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is in the wrong forum please move it, I didn't find a for sale forum for personal stuff.

Here is the story. A long long time ago I put down a deposit and was the first on the SCAR list at my local gunshop which is an FN preferred dealer. It is my understanding from them that due to the volume of FN buisness they do they will be the first dealer in Ohio to get the SCAR. When the price was released I decided I'd rather trick out and AR than drop that much on a SCAR. I figured their might be some resale value to the SCAR since they are in such short supply and I will be one of the first. I will also be getting it for below the 2.7k that everyone else seems to be paying. In any case I have decided to offer the SCAR for $2825 + actual shipping. This gives me a little profit and is likely less than you would pay with tax at your local shop if you could even get one from them (2700 with 6.75% tax is 2882.25).

So, the deal is simple I'm buying it late December early January as soon as it comes in and will immediately ship it to the ffl of the person who buys it from me (I will only use an ffl to complete the transaction. I am not going to be accused of straw purchasing so even if your local it is going through an ffl.) First one to post that they want it on this thread or in a pm gets it.

Thanks,
_47_

·
Registered
320 Posts
It sounds like a good deal to me, especially considering I already know of a couple of dealers who don't plan on taking orders from customers, but have already ordered to put on GB.

You're a good man for making an honest sale. :shock:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Goes in the WTS section....congrats...

·
Registered
95 Posts
_47_ said:
If this is in the wrong forum please move it, I didn't find a for sale forum for personal stuff.

Here is the story. A long long time ago I put down a deposit and was the first on the SCAR list at my local gunshop which is an FN preferred dealer. It is my understanding from them that due to the volume of FN buisness they do they will be the first dealer in Ohio to get the SCAR. When the price was released I decided I'd rather trick out and AR than drop that much on a SCAR. I figured their might be some resale value to the SCAR since they are in such short supply and I will be one of the first. I will also be getting it for below the 2.7k that everyone else seems to be paying. In any case I have decided to offer the SCAR for $2825 + actual shipping. This gives me a little profit and is likely less than you would pay with tax at your local shop if you could even get one from them (2700 with 6.75% tax is 2882.25).

So, the deal is simple I'm buying it late December early January as soon as it comes in and will immediately ship it to the ffl of the person who buys it from me (I will only use an ffl to complete the transaction. I am not going to be accused of straw purchasing so even if your local it is going through an ffl.) First one to post that they want it on this thread or in a pm gets it.

Thanks,
_47_
Be very careful here. What you are doing is a felony, dealing without a license. You are not allowed to buy a gun with the express intent to resale for profit. This is the privilege of a licensed dealer only. You are free to immediately sell it for what you paid, but you clearly posted your desire to profit from this immediate buy and resale transaction.

Again, be very careful here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sound advice. Recieve the rifle first and then offer it formally AGAIN to your buyer, or just have the dealer send it to the buyers dealer without getting your name on the sale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RELAAAAAAAAX and unpucker those sphincter muscles there fellas. I dont think ATF is going to throw away the key on "_47_" for 1 rifle even if he is making a very small profit. And he did say that he was using FFL's for the transaction. Now if he were bypassing the FFL dealer all together and were a habitual offender, meaning he did this sort of thing on a regular basis, thats another thing, which I believe the law was more intended for anyway. But I dont see them wasting their time and/or resources on 1 guy, for 1 rifle, on 1 innocent transaction, with an FFL in the mix, so I think its ok to BREEEAAAATHE! Just my 1/2 cents worth anyway :D

By the way, hope everyone had a nice turkey day yesterday!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Big bust even with FFL

RTJ3, can you spell "straw purchase"? If so, do a search. Dont breath too easy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep....I agree with ya wild bill that a "straw purchase" definitely ain't nothing to sneeze at! But if you "read" _47_'s post, I believe he mentions sending the rifle to the perspective buyers FFL to make it all legal and not just hand it over to the buyer, which in my mind doesn't constitute a "straw purchase" if you know the actual definition of a "straw purchase" correct? Ok, anyway, enough of that, time for some more turkey leftovers! :D [/list]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts