FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Awesome man thanks for the pic and congratulations. Now go shoot the ****e out of it!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Very nice!:?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I ripped my left bicep on Monday, but I took a few minutes to fire a few rounds today and I'm really happy with how it shoots. Not sure if my brain was preparing for the 17 recoil, but It felt delayed and very soft--not sharp like an AR. The trigger is well--not so hot, but I think I'll make do. I have springlfield on the 17, so I'm not sure which route for the 16.

The iron sights were on, and I did a 5 shot group. I did 5 shot 25yd groups over the last two weeks with 3 piston AR's, a G36 and finally the SCAR. I'll work up some photos, but they all shot about the same. It's the worst ammo/accuracy test ever, but I can conclude that 75gr tap practice ammo and fast firing doesn't produce good results. It's really been freezing cold lately, and I wanted to burn the ammo, so the point was to get a good zero and see if the groups would be as good as the 2 high end AR's. Again, it's a lousy test, but the SCAR did the same group. Eventually I'll get some hand loads going as the groups of every rifle in the group would be considered bad at 100. 20mph winds at below freezing temps and a quick in and out will be my best excuse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts