FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I expected anything less, but now that the SCAR is out; and expensive as most knew it would be, why all the constant bitching?

Oh! The colors don't match perfectly!

Oh! FN is so stupid for pricing it there!

Oh! If only it had a wood butthole stock instead of the much more modular and functional one!

Oh! It doesn't come in my favorite color, black!

Oh! I want one because the military uses it, but even though the military only has the FDE one, I won't buy it because it doesn't come in black!

Oh! There are people who have more money than me that are willing to pay a premium for the privilege of getting it first!

Oh! It doesn't really do anything different from my SKS (or whatever you have here, because you know it's the best thing out there)!

Oh! I must act up at least as badly as all the people who complained when new guns came out, especially the XCR and SIG556 whiners--- I have to try to exceed them!

Oh! It's really NOT about anything like the Aesop's Fable of "The sour grapes"!

Yup, sounds like a bunch of bitterness and negativity to me.

Personally, I'm glad it's out; I'm glad there are people who can apparently afford to spend a lot of money in this economy; and I will also be glad if they come down in price so I can afford one, too.

THANK YOU FN FOR PUTTING THIS OUT FOR US.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I'm glad it's out. The ACR may never get out, so at least there is a chance to own a SCAR. If I could afford one, I would've gotten one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i think you kind of miss the point dude. glad its here finaly, yeah its a step up in tech and modularity, its brown, blah blah, FN isnt the problem, retail price is a little high but what new product isnt. its the fact only a few people were able to pick these up at retail prices and others are hording them and selling them at outragous prices. i just dont agree to that sort of buisness practice. PRICE GOUGING.

·
Registered
203 Posts
LOWMANJASON said:
i think you kind of miss the point dude. glad its here finaly, yeah its a step up in tech and modularity, its brown, blah blah, FN isnt the problem, retail price is a little high but what new product isnt. its the fact only a few people were able to pick these up at retail prices and others are hording them and selling them at outragous prices. i just dont agree to that sort of buisness practice. PRICE GOUGING.
I agree. To sell them for 200% over retail is not capitalism, its corruption and flat out greed. I'd pay around 2k for a 17s, maybe a tad more. If all else fails I'll just go with a SBR DSA FAL. Thats a lot of 3 letter acronyms. :twisted:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Folks can complain to they're blue in the face....Meh (since that seems to be the cool thing to say on some of the other boards).
I didn't pay anywhere close to the some of the prices that they are now fetching. Furthermore, mine isn't for sale at any sort of profit. I bought it to shoot. I see a 10" sbr conversion in the future. 8)
Having said that, I don't believe you'll see any 'cheap' scars anytime soon. There is no word when the regular production scars will be release. The scars that are on the market now are at a fixed supply, just like many other desirable rifles that are no longer available. Even dealers are limited to the number they will receive.

If they were $850 and had FN released a large amount there wouldn't be nearly as many 'sour grapes'.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Some people would whine even if it was 500$. There are always this kind of people but who cares. You get to enjoy it while they get blue in the face arguing about it. :-D

I'll get a heavy one when is coming out, or if I lose my patience I'll just get a light and turn it into 6.5Grendel or 6.8 SPC.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The only thing I'm whining about are the dealers who are fear mongering and lining their pockets by taking advantage of the people who are panic buying. People seem to think that the moment Obama takes office that everything will be banned. I would certainly think that they have better things to worry about then that issue. The threat of our rights being stripped away is always there, but as the people we have to lobby and try and fight it.

I think the SCAR looks good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm happy at least one major company finally had the cojones to put a new rifle out that gets the blood flowing (Pardon the pun). The ACR was all show and no go. HK postured for a minute with a civvy 416, now nothing.
As soon as the msrp appears on one at my dealer, they will have my money.

·
Registered
631 Posts
ArmChairCommando said:
I want black and I will get it some day......
?
I will tell Obama

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
The color does bother me, looks tacky if you ask me, like they messed up with the color but didn't correct it. Sure its cosmetic but I'm disappointed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey just watched someone high bid 9,275.00 for a scar on gun broker, he could have looked a little further down on the page and did a buy now for 6,200.00 on an other auction. are people just screwing with the auctions to drive the price up or are there really someone willing to pay that much for a scar? :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
itchymun said:
are people just screwing with the auctions to drive the price up or are there really someone willing to pay that much for a scar? :lol:
More than likely yeah. Unless they are brainless idiots with more $$ than sense. :-D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would be interesting to see if these get re-listed by the same guy. I would not doubt that there is some shill bidding going on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
itchymun said:
are people just screwing with the auctions to drive the price up or are there really someone willing to pay that much for a scar? :lol:
More than likely yeah. Unless they are brainless idiots with more $$ than sense. :-D
What if that guy is dealer? Did you see some of the other items he has bought in the last few months? They were for the most part high dollar and somewhat less common firearms. IIRC, someone mentioned that he was a somewhat large dealer.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Beats me. However, there are a small number of people out there with more than they know what to do with. For them, 10k and 1k make no difference other than a number. Let's hope those people all get their SCARs in the next few weeks so that us normal people can even dream about affording one when the prices come down hopefully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, new guy here. Last night ,with morbid curiosity, I was watching Gunbroker auction #120173823 that was won by Motorboy615. The winning bid was $9,275 for the SCAR rifle. I saw that another SCAR sold for $8,200 won by a different bidder. I'm glad to see that in such trying economic times there are motivated individuals out there willing to lay out that kind of cash, but I was in shock & awe that a Title 1 carbine new in the civilian market place could fetch such a bounty. If I had $9,275 bucks lying around I would probably put it towards a Class III F/A shooter and have some fun with it. Given time I'm sure the prices will eventually moderate as supply and demand metrics take effect, assuming Barack Hussein Obama does not move immediately to implement another AWB. Just my 2 cents. Cheers. 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see Motorboy615 is bidding on a second SCAR on Gunbroker #120201137 and a third SCAR #12081748 after winning a SCAR bid last night for $9,275. Hmmm. I hope he is immune to buyer's remorse. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts