FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I saw the SCAR PDW in person about a month ago. I offer my commentary with the disclaimer that I don't have much time or training on PDW type weapons so I am most probably lacking a skill set to really make a great assesment.

It is a very nice weapon to say the least. the sliding stock was very light and the balance was superb however like most stocks of this design cheek weld was less than optimal but thats not really what these type weapons are designed for. The version I saw also had the forearm extender which I believe is a must for actually employing this weapon.

I also had difficulty finding a comfortable position for my support hand as the it seemed to require a very forward grip for stability but that created an awkward distance for my arm. I did not feel quite as comfortable as an MP5

with all this being said, I think you would be better served with a SCAR 16 modified with a 10.5" Barrel and adding the collapsing stock from the PDW. The FN Rep physically demonstrated for me how the stock of the PDW and SCAR were interchangeable.

Of Course this is how I see the world and how I would ideally set-up the rifle.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Saw this one a while back:

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Sarge, knew you'd like that :D

TAFFY, yeah, usually :-D
I noticed that too. Wonder if he left them off after he pulled the trigger the first time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'd love a pistol version.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know I haven't really seen anyone post a vid of how the 17s handles with the stock collapsed and shooting it that way... something to do this weekend after my 3-gun match...? :eek:

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
So what is that bar that goes from the shell deflector, back over the stock hinge?

Cali gun, or broken stock latch?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
That is part of the collapsable stock that is an alternate option for the PDW. Looks like this one has the modified back plate for it but has the standard stock installed

The collapsable stock looks kinda like an underfolder but it slides in until the butt bad sits on the backplate

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
15ICAM said:
That is part of the collapsable stock that is an alternate option for the PDW. Looks like this one has the modified back plate for it but has the standard stock installed

The collapsable stock looks kinda like an underfolder but it slides in until the butt bad sits on the backplate
Thanks.

Guess I have to see it in action to really understand how it works. :p

I forgot where I left my brain. :-D

:(

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Sony,

It's telescopic. The cheekpiece area is stationary and the buttplate moves fore and aft on the rails. When the stock is extended, there's a gap between the buttplate and the cheekpiece.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts