FN Herstal Firearms banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
My thoughts...

Make it available to us as a pistol (*read* Sig 556P).

Make a similar concept in 7.62.

Make the stock available as a separate item...to fit the fullsize/CQC weapons as well.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
scarface said:
Make a similar concept in 7.62.
I see absolutely no point in a 7.62 firearm with a barrel that short (maybe x39, but certainly not x51)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Saw this pop up on a gun blog...

RomeoTangoBravo: SCAR PDW... Sexy

5.56×45 NATO
6.75″ barrel length
20.5″ overall length (stock collapsed)
24.9″ overall length (stock extended)
5.5 lbs (unloaded)
Wish it did not have an exposed reciprocating bolt. If the bolt handle could have been like or better than the HK33/93/G3/HK91/MP5/94 type, some of us would like it more.

Looks like if you extend your thumb out too much you'll have a bad burn or worse. Nice package, maybe even better than the SIG rifles that seem to have been all the rage in this market.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How does the OAL compare to an fs2000? It seems like the fs2000 might equal it's CQB maneuverability without sacrificing barrel length and ballistics, particularly considering the 5.56.

But yeah, I can't help but want one now that I've seen the picture. I've been curious about having a HK53 built, but now I might have another option to consider.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the stock, for it's intended purpose it would be fantastic. But outside any other use than that it looks to be difficult to get a good cheek weld. I would probably still buy one just to play with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see absolutely no point in a 7.62 firearm with a barrel that short (maybe x39, but certainly not x51)
Well, I thought the same thing when I saw that FAL pistol DSA sells, but...c'mon, if you think about it, a little 7.62 shorty blaster would make for a fine alternative to bear spray. Muzzle flash will also serve as a flare gun so the rangers know where to look for your body parts if the .308 doesn't do the trick.

A .308 pistol and the Taurus Judge, and you've got pretty much any scenario covered. :wink:

41 - 58 of 58 Posts