FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lats year, I'd swear I saw a post about an upcoming sling attachment accessory for the SCAR, but then I never saw it again. And, I cannot find it for sale.

It was a metal piece that went UNDER the rubber butt pad in the stock. And, this metal piece had a built in quick detach point in it.

I like the rear sling point to be at the rear of the stock, instead of further up on the gun.

Did this ever come out?

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it was a piece that attached to the pin that holds the butt plate on. It was on both sized of the stock. Then, you attach that piece to the butt plate. It required NO mods to the gun.

I've seen the one you posted before, but this was different. It was a photo posted HERE on this site - of a pending product. But after months and months, I've never seen it listed.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I wonder why anyone would want their rear stock sling attachment point anywhere other than the very top/rear of the buttstock.

Are you guys shooting slung from a 2 point patrol carry or using some other technique I am not familiar with?

I'd like to see a QD sling mount socket that attached through the factory sling slot. Maybe a QD socket attached to a tab shaped just like the sling slot with some sort of cap and screws from the opposite side.

Hmmm, I might need to just make something like that now that I have visualized it, lol

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wonder why anyone would want their rear stock sling attachment point anywhere other than the very top/rear of the buttstock.

Are you guys shooting slung from a 2 point patrol carry or using some other technique I am not familiar with?

I'd like to see a QD sling mount socket that attached through the factory sling slot. Maybe a QD socket attached to a tab shaped just like the sling slot with some sort of cap and screws from the opposite side.

Hmmm, I might need to just make something like that now that I have visualized it, lol
Yes shooting from 2 point. I'm a right handed shooter and run the right side rear QD so the sling goes around the end of the butt stock. For me the position of the QD is perfect to hold the gun flat to the body with and without kit when you let it hang. It's a personal preference i'm sure.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I got a thingy like thingy like this 25 years ago that put the rear sling mount for an M16A2 in the same spot it's at on M4s today.
Product Bag Messenger bag Strap Outerwear

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the SCAR already has a slot in that exact location but now that I have been getting used to QD slings I am wishing there was a location high up on the very rear of the stock to plug on in.

This is the way I have carried my rifle since 1989/90
Soldier Army Military Infantry Military camouflage

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most likely referring to akitainu cross post(thanks BTW!). I put them on the back burner because of lack of interest.

~Jrod.
Ok, sorry to hear it. I looked in your subforum many times to find the item and never could.

I want the rear sling mount on the stock. I don't like it on the receiver (even the rear of th receiver). For now, I have a small strap with a buckle that stays on my SCAR all the time, when the sling is not on it. I'd really like to get rid of that - that is why I wanted your product. See:

(it's pushed to the other side for the photo, but it has a buckle hanging on it)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts